New twist....need help with wood!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

This a new twist that I made for a Christmas present, but I really am having a hard time letting it go....[|)]
Can anyone tell me what kind of wood this may be so that I can make another! I would like to get one in a Baron. You can really tell in the bottom part of the pen that the grain really blends together and all over it has figures that kind of reminds me of waves (for lack of a better description).
Everyone that I show it to has really been impressed, I just wish that my photo taking was up to snuff so that you could really see the detail. After Christmas I hope to remedy a little of that.
Thanks!
Merry Christmas!
Micah

200512244319_DSC00877.jpg

2005122443131_DSC00878.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micah

Not sure really how it smelled...I've turned quite a few in the last few days and the smells are all running together.[:p]
But I did come to a conclusion after your guys replies....the CA smells must be getting to me.[xx(] It was Cocobola. In fact, my head must have cleared up a little because I went down stairs to my turning area and noticed a bag marked Cocobola that I recieved from whatwoodido the other day with one piece missing. I'm such a nimrod.[:D]
Thanks for your help!
Micah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom