New Toy's!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

Thought I would let you see my workshop along with my new additions.

I just received the lathe and bandsaw today, and have turned my first pen on the lathe tonight.

Will use the bandsaw at the wekend, and try and make a detailed segmented pen.

As you can see my workshop wont win any prizes, and is very functional, without any frills! Perhaps some day I will do some stud walls, plaster board, and a good tidy! Maybe someday!!!!!!!!!!;)

2006719212633_CIMG0900.jpg

2006719212645_CIMG0902.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Hey Kenny,

Don't knock your shop, atleast you have one. Some of us don't...I for one operate in my garage.

Congrats on your new additions!

Gary Max

Plus it's a lot cleaner than my shop. Got a question---when you buy tools do you order them or go to the store and buy them. I live way out in the country and have to order just about everything except for wood---LOL

kkwall

Hi Dario,

This is my garage!

Although in the 5 yrs i've lived here, a cars been in the garage once!

Currently it holds my "workshop", a kitchen (2 B Fitted), my wife's gardening tools/plants etc, the kids bikes etc.......... really anything, and everything!

Rifleman1776

Where you work is your shop. Maybe we should call them studios. Would sound fancier, after all, we are artists. [;)]
Do you operate your lathe sitting on the stool?
BTW, my 'shop' is on the lower level of a hillside house. It is an extra long one car garage, could part two cars in it end to end. I have very large pole barn garage also that is filled with 'stuff' my wife refuses to throw away. I'm sure we could park four vehicles in it. Room for six vehicles and nothing we own has ever been under cover.

woodwish

Nice compact setup. Pretty impressive that you already have turned a pen, and ready to start a segmented pen. In the US it seems people up north put the cars in the garage and shops/junk in the basement, in the south we have no basement so all the junk and shops are in the garage and cars go in the driveway. [:p]

alamocdc

Kenny, at least you have a better starting setup than I did when I first started turning! Now get busy and turn something. [:D] What you have should be a great start!

kkwall

Will post my latest pens very soon.

Isn't a bandsaw the best thing ever!!!!!!! I have been using a table saw to cut blanks, and even made a basic segmented pen on it, but the ease of cutting on a bandsaw is unbelievable!

The new lathe makes a world of difference too. I started using a drill mounted lathe attachment to turn with. It was okay, but the noise was terrible.

This new lathe purrs like a kitten, and with the variable speed it is brilliant.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Oh, and yes I sit on the stool to turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom