New Tool Rest from Rick Herrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

I bought a new 4" flat top tool rest from Rick Herrell - it is extremely well made, and a great price to boot. It's so nice looking, it's a shame to use it. I also bought one of his offset mount offset sanding jigs. Also top notch quality.
IMG_2126.JPG

I ordered on Monday, he made them on Tuesday, and I had them by Thursday. Amazing quality, craftsmanship, value, and customer service. I will definitely buy from Rick again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ocfluitt

Hello, I have been trying to find a way to get ahold of Rick. I am interested in a couple products from him.

duncsuss

Hello, I have been trying to find a way to get ahold of Rick. I am interested in a couple products from him.
Hi - it's not complicated, the easiest way it just to reply to this thread (it's in the Vendors Forum, in "Rick's Custom Tools" sub-forum) and Rick will get in touch with you.

KMCloonan

michaelperez

I bought a new 4" flat top tool rest from Rick Herrell - it is extremely well made, and a great price to boot. It's so nice looking, it's a shame to use it. I also bought one of his offset mount offset sanding jigs. Also top notch quality.
View attachment 333657

I ordered on Monday, he made them on Tuesday, and I had them by Thursday. Amazing quality, craftsmanship, value, and customer service. I will definitely buy from Rick again.
Congratulations it look great very well made.

RunnerVince

Can anyone tell me what is the differance between this tool rest and the ones from Robert Sorby?
I didn't see prices on the Sorby page, but I would guess that the biggest difference is price. I've been using Rick's tool rests (I got one post with brass collar plus three rests at 4", 6", and 12", for what I consider a song) for two or three years now. I've brutalized the 4" rest and it is an absolute champ. I occasionally dress it with some 320 paper (mostly to remove superglue I've been careless about), but that's about it. I use the other two less frequently, but they have held up equally well. I probably won't need new toolrests for decades, but if I do, I'll go to Rick as long as he's making them.

Top Bottom