New to turning and making pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ceshelman

Hi All, just joined the community and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a long time woodworker who had never been close to a lathe until a couple of weeks ago. I have some furniture projects in the plans that require turned legs so I found a lathe on CraigsList and decided to turn a pen or two to learn a bit about turning... no one warned me that turning pens is addictive! ;-). Already added a pen press and self centering clamp to the tools chest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NJturner

LOL.....welcome from NJ.....your story is like lots of us here.....the one benefit is flatwork requires large equipment, lots of wood, and larger spaces. Your penmaking venture can be done in a closet if need be.....but still be as expensive!

WriteON

Hi All, just joined the community and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a long time woodworker who had never been close to a lathe until a couple of weeks ago. I have some furniture projects in the plans that require turned legs so I found a lathe on CraigsList and decided to turn a pen or two to learn a bit about turning... no one warned me that turning pens is addictive! ;-). Already added a pen press and self centering clamp to the tools chest.
Quit today…. Or get a part time.

Top Bottom