New to the pens art stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alchemist

Hello all! Wife told me to find a hobby. A couple of months ago a neighbor had a garage sale. I picked up an old shopsmith and started turning pens. Got some useful knowledge from these forums. Glad to join it!
IMG_1392.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Welcome aboard David. You have alot going on there in this pen and if you have been at it for a few months you are fast learner. Looks good. Have fun stay in touch with us and show us your work. Happy Turning.

leehljp

Member Liaison
For just recently starting, you have achieved an excellent finish. You can usually tell how good a finish is by the smoothness of the light reflection!

Alchemist

For just recently starting, you have achieved an excellent finish. You can usually tell how good a finish is by the smoothness of the light reflection!
Thank you! I learned that CA glue is super dangerous and I need to be more careful. My index finger is still recovering!! I'm still learning different techniques for finishing. Pretty neat how different people use similar methods but make it their own. So much to learn!

magpens

From the look of your fingers, it seems that you have been "getting to know" CA !!!

Throughout your "journey" you will be continually " learning different techniques " ... and new techniques ... and, not only that, you will also be continually refining everything you have previously learned, whether that has been from others or from your own efforts.
I find that there is something to be learned from every pen made.

I really like the look of the first pen you showed above. . And from seeing that pen I get the feeling that you will frequently have something to contribute to the "learning journey" of many of us !!

Keep up the good work ..... and keep showing it, please !!

Alchemist

From the look of your fingers, it seems that you have been "getting to know" CA !!!

Throughout your "journey" you will be continually " learning different techniques " ... and new techniques ... and, not only that, you will also be continually refining everything you have previously learned, whether that has been from others or from your own efforts.
I find that there is something to be learned from every pen made.

I really like the look of the first pen you showed above. . And from seeing that pen I get the feeling that you will frequently have something to contribute to the "learning journey" of many of us !!

Keep up the good work ..... and keep showing it, please !!
My right index finger caught a 2nd-3rd degree burn because I started getting cocky. The CA glue reminded me that I need to slow down! I hope to be able to share and learn what I can from everyone. Lot's of different techniques to adapt to as well!

Top Bottom