New to Forum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Druid

Thought I would drop a line and say hello. I live in Stafford, VA and recently joined IAP. I've been spindle turning for a year on a Jet mini and recently started turning pens (last 6 months). I'm thinking of selling my handcrafted wares at some craft shows around the area (wife had suggested a few venues at the Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester this Spring). I'm a newbie in this area and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

Welcome Jim! My wife's from Centerville and we live just north of Richmond. I can't help you out with the shows b/c I sell exclusively by every means EXCEPT shows! Look at joining the AAW club (Capitol Area Woodturners I think it's called up there), maybe take some classes at Woodcraft. And surf this forum a lot. There is a TON of good information on here (as well as loads of BS:tongue:).

Brian

dntrost

Welcome to the addiction and sounds like if you are ready to do shows you are already past the point that I could caution you to watch your wallet, burn your credit cards, hide the kids piggy banks!
Good luck with the show I am sure you will get lots of good advice here!

Druid

Thanks Brian,
I know your area well, really nice town.. love the architecture. My daughter considered attending Randolph Macon and played ODP soccer on a team that scrimmaged the womens soccer team there. That was back in the days when the sniper shot a man in the Ponderosa parking lot.

I have actually sold quite a few pens already (mostly through my office) but thought a few craft shows would be fun. I have a friend who sells at juried pens shows, I'm not that confident in my pen work to go that route yet. I am a member of the Capitol Area Woodturners local chapter of the AAW and have been turning for almost 30 years, recently sold the large lathe & purchased a Jet 1014VS with extended bed. With all that said, I'm a newbie to pen making :) . I have noticed folks share some great info on this site and look forward soaking it up like a sponge!

Draken

Welcome to the IAP and the VA/DC/MD Chapter! I also live in Stafford, so perhaps we can meet up some time. I'm also a member of the CAW, so perhaps I'll see you at one of the meetings (if I haven't already and just haven't put the face to the name...). The former president of the CAW, Frank, also lives here in Stafford. He's been my mentor on bowl turning, and I've been his mentor on resin casting. Haven't yet decided if I'm going to be at January's CAW meeting or not.

Top Bottom