New to forum - 7 new pens (pic)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scottydont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottydont

Hi everyone. A friend referred me to your site. I have taken my first quantity order for pens. The first batch is 20. Here is a pic of seven different woods used for my client. Let me know what you think.

Image Insert:
200482231952_7pens.jpg

71.01KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Good variety of woods. One client is ordering the same pen in seven different woods? Is he a reseller or does he have clients that won't see each others pens?

Haven't tried any mass orders yet but understood it was normal for mass order customers to was the same wood so as not to show favoritism among there customers.

melchioe

Nice pens! I like the variety of woods as well.

Tip, I recently did a group of pens for a groom who wanted to give them as groomsman's gifts, and he wanted different woods for each person so they would feel special. It's probably more common for quantity orders to be similar materials, but our customers are all unique...

Scottydont

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Good variety of woods. One client is ordering the same pen in seven different woods? Is he a reseller or does he have clients that won't see each others pens?

Haven't tried any mass orders yet but understood it was normal for mass order customers to was the same wood so as not to show favoritism among there customers.

My client give them to sales prospects. Funny that's how I got into this. I was in sales and bought pens from woodpens.com to give to sales clients. It got to be my trademark (very effective) but an expensive trademark. I have always been into woodworking but not lathe work. I saw a pen turning demo at Rockler and now I roll my own.

Thanks for the nice comments everybody!

M

Mudder

Welcome Scott,

Nice to recognize the name of an old friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom