New Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from leenollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenollie

Greetings all,

I just posted a new photo in my album leenollie of a Fiddleback Maple with a Walnut loose centerband Slimline. I hope you like it.

Lee Biggers
The ever curious pen turner :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

debturnswood

LEE! YOU DA MAN!
if you dont mind my prying, I am not creative enough to decide (or rich enough to practice with an idea of my own) how to make a slim line thinking out side "of the pen". By this I mean, can you give a brief description on how you make and assemble the center bands of your own, how do you know how big to make it, the other two tubes? is the twist mechanism in the same spot..... I want to learn grass happer!

leenollie

Hey all,

I just follwed the instructions that was in the "Pens" article in American Woodturner magazine that was posted on the site a while back.

It was really simple. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole on the block of Walnut and used it in place of the center bushing. Then it was just a matter of rounding everything to the same size using the end bushings for reference. Try it. It's fun.

Lee Biggers
The ever curious pen turner [:)]

Scott

Lee,

Nice job on the centerband! And Good Job for giving it a go! There are so many things you can do once you lose the idea that you have to make the pen like the instructions say!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom