Full Review New sled for Byrnes table saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikeyt

FYI For those who have a byrnes table sled he has mad a sled for it and it is great. I just got mine today and it is nice can cut at an angle and cut the same size of wood with out any issues.
For me it was worth the price and can really do some nice segmenting and other projects with it.

Here is a photo of it from his web site:
Image1521259426.092528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Interesting !! . Thanks for posting.

What is the protruding aluminum piece on the edge facing the camera ... just above the word "into" ?

Bryguy

I've been drooling over a Byrnes table saw for a while. I just bought the thickness sander and am awaiting delivery. I'm interested to hear from saw owner/pen makers what other accessories they have added to their tables so I can figure out my total cost and get what I need shipped at once. This sled looks great!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Interesting !! . Thanks for posting.

What is the protruding aluminum piece on the edge facing the camera ... just above the word "into" ?

That is:
1. blade cover, allows for "full push through" in which the blade would be behind the back fence after the cut.
2. hand hold
... but primarily it is for safety (blade cover)

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thank you for the info. I use my Byrnes every week, so this I will check out. Just hate to lose the thickness of the sled for less blade height. As it is, I really wish that the blade could make a full 1" cut, but the motor may be a bit undersized for that.

Notwithstanding, I love the machine!

Pkweiss

FYI For those who have a byrnes table sled he has mad a sled for it and it is great. I just got mine today and it is nice can cut at an angle and cut the same size of wood with out any issues.
For me it was worth the price and can really do some nice segmenting and other projects with it. [/url]

Thanks. I just Ordered a sled for my Byrnes table saw. I can now retire my MicroLux tablesaw.

Too bad the web site doesn't give any real details yet. I would be interested in using it for segmenting pieces for bowls. Guess I'll wait for further reviews and updates....

jttheclockman

For people with money. When he finally comes out with a tilting arbor for that saw then it might be worth the money but all these jigs you add you take away the depth of cut and it is so limited as it is. So easy to make your own sled for a tablesaw. Not sure how thick the bed is on that sled but you can make one with 1/8" baltic birch plywood or plexiglass. Accurate,it better be for the money. You can do anything and more on a full size tablesaw that that saw can do. It is a modelers saw that usually work with balsa woods and thin woods. There are no safety features on it so be aware of that. Treat it as something that can just as fast take your finger off as a full size saw. just because it is smaller does not make it safer. False sense of security. Just my opinion and you can agree to disagree. :)

Last edited:

Mikeyt

For people with money. When he finally comes out with a tilting arbor for that saw then it might be worth the money but all these jigs you add you take away the depth of cut and it is so limited as it is. So easy to make your own sled for a tablesaw. Not sure how thick the bed is on that sled but you can make one with 1/8" baltic birch plywood or plexiglass. Accurate,it better be for the money. You can do anything and more on a full size tablesaw that that saw can do. It is a modelers saw that usually work with balsa woods and thin woods. There are no safety features on it so be aware of that. Treat it as something that can just as fast take your finger off as a full size saw. just because it is smaller does not make it safer. False sense of security. Just my opinion and you can agree to disagree. :)

I just have the say that this sled is great and I feel worth every penny. It is expensive the saw is expensive. I have used it more then my full size table saw takes away about 1/8" when cutting. But the accuracy is there. I simply make 2 cuts on my pen blanks and works great. I made a sled from Baltic birch and was happy with it. But this sled is so much betteand this sled has safety features

jttheclockman

I just have the say that this sled is great and I feel worth every penny. It is expensive the saw is expensive. I have used it more then my full size table saw takes away about 1/8" when cutting. But the accuracy is there. I simply make 2 cuts on my pen blanks and works great. I made a sled from Baltic birch and was happy with it. But this sled is so much betteand this sled has safety features

Happy for you and I know this is your review so will leave it as that. Hope you make some awesome segmenting blanks. I stand behind my statements also. Look at those price of blades too and who sharpens them for you. Just don't get lulled into the nonaware factor when using. That is wide open blade spinning there.

Top Bottom