New Sander

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Well I finally pulled the trigger on this little gem. Appears to be built like a tank. Just got it setup and initial tests came out flawless. Pre Black Friday sale at my local woodworking store, 10 % off. Small size fits my shop and it's also the perfect size for my projects. Already had the stand so no added expense there.

Attachments

• IMG_4008.jpeg
    IMG_4008.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 116
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

What size is that? Love my drum sander. I have to fix the screw adjuster. It stripped out and I bought all the parts needed but since the pandemic and my shows being cancelled I really have not needed to sand any boards. I do not know exactly how that ones lifts but if it has a screw with threads I suggest do dry lube on it because that is what will wear especially if the plate is aluminum.

jttheclockman

It's small. Will do 10 inches wide, 20 if you rotate the piece and do another pass.
Yea I see it now I blew up your photo and could read it. Eyes are not what they use to be. It will work. If you dimension boards you need a drum sander.

Dieseldoc

Ken: I have been running A Jet 16-32 for several years and sure has given me great use. Found that The 120 grit works the best for glue up segmenting. Little tricky when sanding exotic timber and keeping from burning sanding belt. For the most part's lite cuts, med speed.

jrista

Well I finally pulled the trigger on this little gem. Appears to be built like a tank. Just got it setup and initial tests came out flawless. Pre Black Friday sale at my local woodworking store, 10 % off. Small size fits my shop and it's also the perfect size for my projects. Already had the stand so no added expense there.

Is this for cutting boards?

TDahl

Looks like a great addition to the shop! I had looked into adding a drum sander, but all of the ones I found seemed very pricey ($2000 to $3000). I did not know about this model. Thanks for the post.

derekdd

Congrats!

We have a Supermax 16/32 we love.

They're a real luxury item that saves a good bit of time and labor.

SteveJ

I've been debating getting the same purchase! Haven't decided between this or a 6x48 disc/belt sander. The Jet for each is about the same price )and now on sale)

KenB259

I've been debating getting the same purchase! Haven't decided between this or a 6x48 disc/belt sander. The Jet for each is about the same price )and now on sale)
I'm sure the small size is off putting to some, but perfect for me. I was a little worried about sawdust output, but the dust collection hood takes care of it, they profess 96% and I'm inclined to believe it.

jttheclockman

2 different sanders Steve used for different purposes. You need both sanders if you are a true woodworker.:) The idea of a smaller drum sander is great if you just have a tendency to buy and use boards 10" and less and most boards you buy are under 10". yes you can flip the board or have the board hang over because that is basically what the cantilever idea does but it could be a hassle if doing boards that are 12". When I was truely into woodworking with my scrolling, I always bought the widest boards I could and my oak boards were always at least 12" so My 16/32 sander was for me Plus many times I made mirrors that were 24" wide and needed to sand those boards down after glue ups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom