New Pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

lkorn

I finally got around to taking some photo's of a work in progress. I figured I'd better do it now, cause as soon as I finished the photo's I had to start on a promised Potting Bench for LOML. Of course I built the potting bench using workbench plans for sound structures. Got the practice for building MY Workbench :D

The view from the street.
200541815241_Barn%20Door.jpg

From the back yard.
200541815330_Entry.jpg

Powermatic 45 -- Built in 1965. Converted to VS fwd & Reverse. Wood box suspended from bottom has 300lbs of sand for stability.
20054181565_Lathe.jpg

Wood storage.

2005418151530_Storage.jpg

Work bench
200541815953_workbench.jpg

Drill Press
[ATTACH=full]259517[/ATTACH]

[img]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Nice shop. I really admire shops that actually look like they are used.
An afterthought, slightly off-topic. A good friend, who is a retired doctor and avid woodworker once told me, "Every man needs a cave." Of course, meaning a place to be alone, do his thing and create.

lkorn

I agree. However I don't have the skills yet to make one. I inherited an old router/table (1 1/4 hp Craftsman, but I haven't turned it on yet. one of these days. But its not real high on my priority list. However the name is already picked out. "LARK's Wood Turnings". LARK's = Larry And Robyn Korn's. She taking classes for woodcarving, starts this week.
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
<br />Nice shop, needs a sign!

lkorn

Great question! I live in Virginia Beach, where a decent space heater makes the shop usable in all but the coldest (for this area) weather. Originally, I had intended to leave the wall empty and use the space between the studs for shelving and storage. However, I have since changed my mind after leaving the heater on in order to keep the shop dry enough to preclude rusting. My electric bill doubled that month. Sooo, Insulation will be installed befor next winter. I also have a small A/C unit in the wall that will work better if the shop is insulated.

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Great looking shop. Are your planning on insulating the walls or are you one fo the blessed who lived in the warm climates.

woodwish

I love the building. My original plan was to build the same style roof on mine when I built it two years ago but the cost was about double over a regular peak roof. This was due to living too close to the coast and the wind load in case of hurricanes would have made it almost uninsurable without several thousand $$$ in engineering and steel reinforcement costs. The insurance companies and new building codes have just about prevented any homeowner from building a shop. After this past brutal hurricane season it is only going to get worse. What do you use the upstairs for?

lkorn

The attic is for storage of ski equipment, kayaks, hunting gear, etc. Lots of storage to empty the closets and have ready access. The upper doors are serviced with a beam and block & Tackle. It leaves the garage open for boxes and bicycles.[:)] Never have had a car in there.
Originally posted by woodwish
<br /> What do you use the upstairs for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom