New Pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

I get the Gentlemens and Jr. Gentlemens kits from either CSUSA or Bill at Arizona Silhouette, www.arizonasilhouette.com Bill is great to work with and has some of the nicest stabilized blanks around.

The band on the red mallee was pretty simple really. After I rounded the blank I parted off the wood down to the tube, I then added a strip of light solored wood that I had drilled to the proper diameter and after that I glued on another piece of mallee. Then I squared the end of the blank again and took off from there. I use CA glue for the glue ups, its fast and sets up just where I want it to.

Wayne

wayneis

Bill Thanks, I'll put up another pic of the red amboyna when I get a chance. Its fun wood to work with, ya know what I mean big guy? How are you doing with yours? As you can tell, I have been experimenting with acrylics and different things lately, fun stuff.

Wayne

William Young

Wayne;
Thanks for the info but....
Those gentleman pen kits must be a well kept secret because I searched Arizona Sihlouette's site and couldn't find any there and unless CSUSA was a typo, I could not find it in a google search. Perhaps you could supply a link for that one ?
W.Y.

wayneis

William go back to AS and scroll down to Craft Supplies USA, click on the blue lettering for pen kit price list right under it and then scroll down untill you find the Gentlemens or Jr. Gentlemens whichever it is you want. Or you can go to Craft Supplies web page and get it there. To do that go to www.woodturnerscatalog.com and look up pen kits. You will have your choise of roller, fountain in either 10K, Platinum or Titanium Gold. CSUSA stands for Craft Supply USA.

Wayne

ilikewood

Hi Wayne...haven't had time to work on the Red Amboyna yet. I can hear it calling to me every night from my shop! Acrylics and plastics are fun too and provide that all around entertainment. Keep up the good turning! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom