New Pen Turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lee keener

Hi Everybody, I'm from Ojai, Ca. and just started my new adventure into wood turning. I had taken a class at the local WoodCraft store on pen turning and got hook.

thanks
Lee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

Welcome Lee frome North East PA.. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Everyone on this site are very knowledgable and eager to help fellow turners.
Dont forget to check out the library on top of the home page. You will find enough information in there to last a lifetime.

Rollerbob

Hi Everybody, I'm from Ojai, Ca. and just started my new adventure into wood turning. I had taken a class at the local WoodCraft store on pen turning and got hook.

thanks
Lee
Well kids, looks like we got us another victim.......I mean junky........well for sure a future customer. welcome from Texas, Lee

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome from another "Lee" but mine is my family name. :)

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over some of the aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not a detail of each part, but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a recent post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Lee, welcome from Riverside, CA. My aunt and uncle lived in Ojia for years! Beautiful little place.

Save your pennies, your going to need all you can get now.

broitblat

Welcome, Lee.

Better keep on eye on your wallet -- then tend to leap from your pocket and fall open at the sight of a new tools or fancy blank...

-Barry

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
With all of the arts that go on in Ojai, you are in a great place to be a turner. There should be great synergy with your turning and other arts when you start to want to embellish your turnings.

I don't get out to Ojai as often as I would like.

Rstyleusa

Welcome from Northern "Rain, will you ever stop" Virginia. Enjoy the craft and there are great things that come out of this site for your newly found hobby.

Top Bottom