Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hello Andy and welcome to the site. What is happening in Belgium these days?? You did not say if you are a penturner or woodworker. Maybe a little more background helps get to know people better. Is penturning big in Belgium and if so do you have access to many vendors within your area?? Are you selling product? Glad you found us. Happy Turning.

WriteON

Hello everyone,

My name is Andy, I live in Belgium and I am new to this forum.

Thank you for having me here.

Andy
Welcome aboard. Get a part time job..start saving or quit now. You have been warned. Too much fun..

Last edited:

Laserd

Hello everyone and thank you so much for this warm welcome.

In order to reply to some questions that were asked :
- I am a proffesional pen maker, I've been making fountain pens for about 5 years now. I make my pens from a to z completly by hand except for the nib and nib unit.
- There are some shops in Belgium which sell pen suplies but not so many.
- I get most of my blanks from the UK and elsewhere in the world.
- My webpage is www.garcia-deschacht.com

I am looking forward to spending some time here.

Have a great weekend.

jttheclockman

Holy Moly. Glad I asked. You have to post your web site to the new forum that the owner of the site set up recently. You can find a quick link on the Home page of this site and it says Add Your Web Sites here. You are another one of our gifted talented custom pen makers here. Your work speaks for itself and your combination of different skils makes the pens really pop. I love the Dragon king boat pen display and pen designed that goes with it. I wish I could do metal work like a few of you makers do. Glad you found us and now you have to indulge us all with your fine works on our Show Off Your Pens forum Please post some of your past work and also keep us in the loop of any new designs. We love photos here and to see talent like this makes us all drool. By the way excellent web site. Again Welcome aboard. I can see the WOW word used alot with your work. Get ready for some Front Page activity.

I see you have accumulated many awards and articles including one in Pen World. We are familiar with that publication here on this site. Congrats.

Last edited:

Laserd

Holy Moly. Glad I asked. You have to post your web site to the new forum that the owner of the site set up recently. You can find a quick link on the Home page of this site and it says Add Your Web Sites here. You are another one of our gifted talented custom pen makers here. Your work speaks for itself and your combination of different skils makes the pens really pop. I love the Dragon king boat pen display and pen designed that goes with it. I wish I could do metal work like a few of you makers do. Glad you found us and now you have to indulge us all with your fine works on our Show Off Your Pens forum Please post some of your past work and also keep us in the loop of any new designs. We love photos here and to see talent like this makes us all drool. By the way excellent web site. Again Welcome aboard. I can see the WOW word used alot with your work. Get ready for some Front Page activity.

I see you have accumulated many awards and articles including one in Pen World. We are familiar with that publication here on this site. Congrats.
Thank you so much for your kind words about my work, it is really appreciated. The credits for the website, pictures and videos go completely to my wife, Laura.
Yes the king of dragons was a nice creation to make but also very painstaking, especially because the pen which is made out of marble, cracked several times during the turning of it. So I had to start over and over again till I got it right.
We have some videos of the creation of some of our pens on our you tube channel, so you can have an idea on how the process is of how I work. But I want to make a clear statement, I am not here to boast about my work! Just have some fun.
With kind regards,
Andy.

jttheclockman

Thank you so much for your kind words about my work, it is really appreciated. The credits for the website, pictures and videos go completely to my wife, Laura.
Yes the king of dragons was a nice creation to make but also very painstaking, especially because the pen which is made out of marble, cracked several times during the turning of it. So I had to start over and over again till I got it right.
We have some videos of the creation of some of our pens on our you tube channel, so you can have an idea on how the process is of how I work. But I want to make a clear statement, I am not here to boast about my work! Just have some fun.
With kind regards,
Andy.
Don't worry Andy we will do the boasting for you. It is not every day that we get a new member here that brings the talent that you have. We hope you show us your work as well as jump in on the discussions and share your knowledge. Looks like you are working with materials many are not familiar with here so that is a good topic. Post a link to your UTube channel. It will be fun watching them. Look around the site here and use the forums presented. One feature that we usually have each year and maybe we will again this year is called a Bash Party. This happens in the whole month of February. There are various contests that members can participate in and win some prizes. If you want more info on these parties look under the forum called Past Event Achieves. Worth checking out.

Laserd

Don't worry Andy we will do the boasting for you. It is not every day that we get a new member here that brings the talent that you have. We hope you show us your work as well as jump in on the discussions and share your knowledge. Looks like you are working with materials many are not familiar with here so that is a good topic. Post a link to your UTube channel. It will be fun watching them. Look around the site here and use the forums presented. One feature that we usually have each year and maybe we will again this year is called a Bash Party. This happens in the whole month of February. There are various contests that members can participate in and win some prizes. If you want more info on these parties look under the forum called Past Event Achieves. Worth checking out.
You are very kind.
The link to my youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAu32V_rFOEl_dTEuMQu2UA
I will check out the forums. Have a great day

TDahl

Hi Andy,

I am sorry for being late in posting my welcome message to you. I have been following your work for a couple years now and have always been amazed by your talent. All you pens are incredible and I think my favorite is "Ardenne." I love the combination of different materials. I look forward to seeing more posts from you as I am sure they will provide excellent inspiration to push our skills and creativity.

Thank you again for joining IAP!

Laserd

Hi Andy,

I am sorry for being late in posting my welcome message to you. I have been following your work for a couple years now and have always been amazed by your talent. All you pens are incredible and I think my favorite is "Ardenne." I love the combination of different materials. I look forward to seeing more posts from you as I am sure they will provide excellent inspiration to push our skills and creativity.

Thank you again for joining IAP!
Don't worry about it.
Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot.
Yes, Ardenne was a very time consuming piece, but it was well worth to create it, I had a great deal of fun on it. Most of the materials used came from here in the area.
From the bullets, wood, black marble to the sharpening stone.
Thank you for having me here.

Top Bottom