New member here...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vallealbert

Hello turners! I have been visiting this site for a while and finally joined. My name is Alexander Valle-Albert and I live in Puerto Rico. I'm a professional woodworker and cabinetmaker, but pen turning is my real wood passion. I feel very fortunate to have access to beautiful woods...I love to trade wood, so if you have something interesting, and do not have plans to use it, let me know...I have West Indian Satinwood, Cuban Mahogany, Blue Mahoe, Fustic, Lignum Vitae, just to mention a few woods. I hope to learn more from these forums. Best wishes to all of you.

Alex

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Atherton Pens

Alex,
Welcome to IAP. We look forward to seeing some of your work! Thanks for the offers to trade wood, I'm sure you will have many opportunities to share wood AND ideas.
Welcome from Georgia, USA.

ctubbs

Welcome to the IAP, Alexander. Be sure to check out the library link at the top of the page. In the library you will find a treasure of pen turning info. There are also articles under the year they were published listed as well. Once you gain enough knowledge to search, there is a bunch of info there as well.
Be sure to take photos and post them. You will hear more than once, "No picts, didn't happen." Have jun, make shavings and ask questions.
Charles

Lenny

Welcome from Maine!
Look forward to seeing your work.
There is a section in the Forum "Other things We Do" .... maybe you will show some of your "flatwork" (Cabinetwork) there sometime.
This is not only a great place for information and inspiration, but also for buying selling and TRADING.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome!

You will be surprised at all the woods you can make up into a pen! Good luck in your pen turnings!

bensoelberg

Welcome! I lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of months during the summer of 2003. I loved it there. If you don't mind me asking, where in PR do you live? I lived in Trujillo Alto for about a month, worked in Caguas, and then spent another month in Ponce.

vallealbert

Welcome! I lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of months during the summer of 2003. I loved it there. If you don't mind me asking, where in PR do you live? I lived in Trujillo Alto for about a month, worked in Caguas, and then spent another month in Ponce.
Hello Ben and nice to meet you. I live in San Germán...south-west of the island and 35 minutes from Ponce. My real living is cabinet-making and some high-end woodworking (click the link in my signature), but pen making is my real addiction. I have been in some artisan shows in San Juan with my pens and thanks God I have had excellent sales...let see what will happen next...take care!!!!

Top Bottom