New Member from Outside of Boston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

Hi,
I've been a member for about a month or so. I've turned about 20 or pens from different materials and have really enjoyed it a great deal. I started with a borrowed Jet Pen lathe, and have just upgraded myself to a Jet 1220 VS (as a little Xmas gift to myself). I haven't used her as of yet, I'm going to build a stand for her tomorrow. I've found a great deal of info on this site and so many of the pens are totally breathtaking.
I'm completely taken by this new hobby, each day my kids look around to see the new pens from the night before.

-- Rick McKinney
Medfield, MA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Excellent choice in Lathe! I just bought the same one from Amazon.com for $516.00 with free shipping and no tax! What a deal. You will love it!~ Oh! welcome from Wichita Falls, Tx,

JerrySambrook

Rick,
Welcome from Mass, although I live in what you eastern mass folks call east new york.

We will be having a meeting at the woodcraft in West Springfield (By the Big E) on January 30th around noon.
There are a few who live by you that you might want to hook up with if we can get some communications between you

ctubbs

Welcome Rick from West Kentucky. Enjoy the site and be sure to check out the library. Make some shavings and take pics.
Charles

RMckin5324

Jerry,
That would be great, I'd love to meet people who are turning. I'd also be interested in the meeting on the 30th.
Have a Happy New year
--Rick McKinney
Medfield, MA

Eyeshooter

Greetings from NH, Rick.

You mean you're turning pens AND still see your kids? Good job multitasking! Send pics of your pens.

John

Top Bottom