New member from Ontario, Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kylemadeit

Hello there,

I figured it is about time I introduce myself. My name is Kyle, I'm 31 from Barrie Ontario Canada. I have been turning pens and other small items for about 2 years now.
I'm hooked. I'm on pen #357. I haven't counted the other items.

Me and my girlfriend have managed to make a decent side gig out of it (called blondie and the beard) she takes care of the social and business side of things while I make stuff! We were even sponsored by william woodwrite for a while! Was an awesome experience, got to try out new kits and blanks. Dream come true. Feel free to check out my work, we are on Instagram as @blondie.and.the.beard. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=rdyma3yr1wjg&utm_content=3p492xe

I came here for more information and to be connected to the makers and small businesses. I have recently purchased @rherrell 's offset sanding jig and am very happy with the results. A game changer for me. I find the mills tricky to sharpen and blowout many types of wood I work with.
I look forward to making my own stabilzed blanks now thanks to Curtis @turntex ! Thanks again.
Anyway, this seems like a great place to be a part of and look forward to learning more. Nice to meet you all.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio. I have lots of relatives in Hamilton, Dundas, Toronto, Barrie, and close. I look forward to your products! Have FUN.

Kylemadeit

Welcome to the forum Kyle. I was actually still living in Wasaga Beach, when I started my pen making career.

Your coming in at a great time. The Birthday bash is in full swing and there are lots of contests.

16th Birthday Bash
Ah yes just around the corner from me. Are you still in Ontario?

Thank you for the heads up! I was wondering what that was all about. Ill participate as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

aldjmc

Hey, I checked your Instagram. Nice stuff! How did you get the the William Woodrite sponsorship? I like their stuff and have ordered product from there, but I find shipping expensive if I just want a few kits.
Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Top Bottom