New member from Covington, Ga.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shell Traver

Hi everyone. My name is Shell Traver. I have been turning pens on and off since 1998. I enjoy other woodworking projects. I also make jewelry and other crafts. I also have been known to play bass guitar occasonally. When I'm not making something or playing music you can find me riding on my Harley. Well now you know a little about me. I'm looking forward to meet some of you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Shell. Good to have some new folks with plenty of experience too!

We have a little PDF file (linked below) that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. I know you don't need this but as a welcome, I usually include this to new members and didn't want to leave you out. You might even find some things in there that you totally disagree with - considering your experience. :biggrin: Feel free to question it. Nothing wrong with revisions. :)

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a recent post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Last edited:

jedgerton

Welcome Shell! I have family in Ga, Hazlehurst to be exact. I don't know if you've heard of Hazlehurst, its not near anything as far as I can tell!

John

skywizzard

Might as well chime in... Welcome from another Georgia Neighbor, it is a great forum. Good people and lots if info.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Shell

Welcome from another Covington, GA member! You just missed the Southeast Pen Chapter meeting, but make sure you come to the one in September (19th)! If you need anything PM me.

Robert

Top Bottom