New honeycomb pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wimkluck

wimkluck

pen honeycomb wit.jpg

My first experience with turning these self-made blanks was a disappointment. I put them away. I forgot a present for a good friend and thought I'd give it another try. Chipping out was no longer a problem. The blanks were made at the same time and only have a different color. So next time I'll just have to wait longer before I turnn them.
However, this pen does have two small breakouts. One hidden behind the clip the other is at the tip and is really small. This pen has a tube inside with 2 m7x0.5mm. Easy to take apart and then repair the chip outs with some epoxy. The pen parts are German. They really feel very different from those from china or taiwan.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Nice work. I'm assuming this is the Berlin model from the below website:

do you like the Schneider Express 225 refill out of curiosity? How long is it lasting and how does it write? I'm thinking of buying some kits from them. Love the minimal diameter of the Berlin but questioning the refill since it's not readily available unless pay a premium on Amazon or similar.

wimkluck

I do not know. This is a pencil.😇 I have some other pens made but they all failed. A pen of wenge wood that I wanted to brush but I was too enthusiastic and then I saw the tube come through at the tip. Although I aligned the centers of the lathe the others were not round. I'm going to fix that but I made one with blue Elforyn and it was too thin at the tip. I haven't written much with it yet, so my opinion is still neutral. The refills are widely available here in Europe.

stuckinohio

Ah, OK. LOL!

The wall thickness has to be pretty thin. I emailed to ask him what the diameter of the nose cone is and he said 9.05mm/.356 or so and it uses an 8mm tube I think, correct? So yeah, any out of round situation will be problematic for sure.

Hiding the tube will be difficult too on acrylic blanks.

wimkluck

Ah, OK. LOL!

The wall thickness has to be pretty thin. I emailed to ask him what the diameter of the nose cone is and he said 9.05mm/.356 or so and it uses an 8mm tube I think, correct? So yeah, any out of round situation will be problematic for sure.

Hiding the tube will be difficult too on acrylic blanks.
Yes, correct. Out of round is very minor. But maybe i will sell them and then they must be perfect if you want a good price.
However this pencil is not out of round. I did order extra tubes. And they are "heavy" due to the inside taped wire m7x0.5mm

Top Bottom