New high end kits from PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I just thought I would share this little tidbit. As I was speaking with Barry Gross on Saturday, I noticed that he had a few pens that I didn't recognize. They were rhodium and black titanium and about the size of the Lotus and Imperial. And the caps post!!!! The clips were jeweled and the accents looked quite nice. He told me that these were new PSI kits and that they weren't out yet, but would be shown in the next catalog. He also told me that these were less expensive than the CSUSA Statesman.

I did a little sniffing around and found out that they are called the Majestic. The PSI web site lists them (sorry, no photos) being available 12 January. At this point it looks like they are roller balls only (no fountain pens) and come in two plating options like the CSUSA pens... rhodium and black TN ($44.95) and rhodium and 22k gold ($52.95). I'm thinking of running a bulk buy on these after the first of the year so keep your eyes open.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRoberts

I have concerns about the "jeweled" clip, just can't get around that, I hope that they come out with one without the crystal. I don't have much issue getting around the posting question, in fact on a Jr. Emp. or Statesman it is easy to substitute a Jr. Gent II threaded end and make it post as many here have done.

A full sized Emperor that posts would be stupidly tail heavy and would appeal to very few who used it that way.

ashaw

Billy

I have a chance to see these as well at the PSI Hqs. Ed was not sure how they would do but after seeing them they will do just fine. This is their first attempt in the high end market. I am hoping to purchase a few at the end of November when they are to be available.

Alan

alamocdc

I was in Houston when Ron posted the news and I guess I missed it. [B)] Sorry about the repeat, folks. I really liked the look and feel of the pen.

Steve, with the cap posted, it was a bit top heavy for my taste, but it didn't feel like I thought it would. Those who want a large pen that posts will like it.

Eagle, I don't read the paper. [:p]

jclark58

Alamo, The Majestic is available in a RB or FP.

Rhodium Blk Ti
1 2-5 6+
RB $44.95 $40.95 $36.95
FP $52.95 $47.95 $42.95

Rhodium 22K
1 2-5 6+
RB $52.95 $47.95 $42.95
FP $59.95 $54.95 $49.95

Jason

chigdon

I am with Steve and really don't care for the crystal. I think that posting a cap on a pen that size is crazy but I also know I would sell A LOT more oversized pens if they did post (if Nils still reads IAP take note).

Randy_

Maybe it would be a good idea to hold off on a bulk buy until a few of the more adventurous have tried the kits and determined that they don't have problems. It would a shame to put together a big bulk buy and then find out the kit has some warts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom