New Guy from Utah and Needing serious help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbug

Hey Penturner world. I am new from Utah to this site and hoping that someone can tell me if there is a place locally that will teach seminars on Penturning. I don't know how to do it, but I want to learn. I found a place that teaches everything but penturning, but haven't found anyone that teaches penturning. Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Hey Penturner world. I am new from Utah to this site and hoping that someone can tell me if there is a place locally that will teach seminars on Penturning. I don't know how to do it, but I want to learn. I found a place that teaches everything but penturning, but haven't found anyone that teaches penturning. Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome...
Not sure where in Utah you are but the Woodcraft in Sandy has classes just about every week. One of the instructors is a member here.
Cheers
Bob

Mark

Welcome to the IAP. Enjoy the site..

Definitely check out Woodcraft. The class is designed with new turners in mind. It can be very helpful.

KenV

Think about attending the Desert Woodturning Roundup in Mesa in February -- Don Ward (its virgil) will be a presenter. Don is a master penmaker.

Also think about attending the pen turning gathering held in conjunction with the Utah Woodturners Symposium in Provo in the later spring. Both will provide great networking and lots of discussion/learning opportunity.

Also check for local turning groups -- IAP or American Association of Woodturners Chapters. Expect some overlap between the two groups.

Jmhoff10500

Where in Utah? I live in Provo and there is a club type meeting held at CSUSA every other month. I have never been to it but it sounds fun.

Mac

Utah, has 4 AAW groups listed. Don't know if close or not. Check out www.woodturner.org . Go to (find a chapter) and click in your state.
I am in two of these clubs and they both have penturners in them. I travel over 100 miles to one of these clubs once a month, and have driven from south Arkansas to Springfied MO. for an IAP meeting and back home the same day.

Fred

Hello, er, whoever you are. What is your name? Where do you live? Please complete some of the information found in the USER CP tab at the top of the Forum page so that the rest of us can relate a little bit better to you. Click on the USER CP tab and then EDIT YOUR DETAILS on the left of the new page.

Regardless, Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy the information that is to be shared here. :biggrin:

Last edited:

louie68

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome! I'm from sunny California. I'm putting a few links here that might help you get an idea on things "to start."

Good start for a beginner outlining the some of the essential things to start off with – by Hank
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41005

This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

There are many penturners here at IAP that are also vendors selling various types of tools, equipment and supplies. Many of the post in the Business Classified and Most Valued Vendor forum - the links are found under "FORUM" on the first blue line above.

Top Bottom