New from Greenwood Village, CO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pyurgal

After lurking here for a while, I decided to sign up. What a great site this is.
I have only been turning for about 2 months now and I am loving every minute of it. I have done a couple of pens, coffee scoop handles and bottle stoppers tops. I am getting better at this slowly but surely.

Here is a lipstick pen that I did for my girlfriend.
LipStickPen.jpg

I think it came out ok. She likes it at least.

I need to work on my lighting when photographing my work. Not a big deal.

Anyway. I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Paul. really nice little pen. I love purple and gold.

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

CaptG

Welcome from Michigan. I spent 18 years in Colorado from Boulder, Longmont, to Ft. Collins. Love the state but hate the 24/7 hustle along the front range.

Padre

Welcome from Connecticut! The pen came out fine. :biggrin:

jeffswoodshop

Welcome to the group Paul! I'm in Green Valley Ranch out by DIA, we might have to find a few other members in the Denver area and think about getting a local chapter together.

The pen looks great, very nice work after only a few months! We look forward to seeing more.

Jeff M.

Tim Hughes37

Welcome from the Alamo City! Great job on that lipstick pen. I'll give you a heads up on those lipstick pens and other smaller pens. You might want to order some ink replacements instead of putting the ink that comes with the kits. I've never had problems with the refills, but I've had quite a bit of difficulty with the ink tubes that come with the kits.

pyurgal

Tim,

Thanks for the head up on the ink. I have already replaced the refill on the pen. The first one that came with the kit went dry in two days. PSI sent me two more for free. That was very nice of them. The only problem that I had is that the refill was a little long for the pen. I think it might have been my fault but I am not sure. When I do another one, I will see.

Paul

Top Bottom