New Forum: What are the differences . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I'm not understanding something:
What is the differences between: 1. Reaction Score and 2. Reputation . . . and are they related to "likes".

A. How do I give a "reputation"? On another forum I have an icon that I can do that.
And having said that, on that other forum, my specific browser will not display one of the features that everyone else has. Others with this browser do have that feature to show up in theirs, so I am wondering if my browser is not showing something.

It seems like I saw a "Reputation" list the first day or two and cannot find it now.

B. How do we contribute to someone's "Reaction Score" if it is not through "Likes".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I can see my "reaction score", where do I find "reputation score"?

There is no "Reputation Score," the "Reaction Score" (I think) is the number of "Likes" OTHERS have given to your posts/comments/contributions. You are in control of what you post, but not what others will find meaningful, helpful or supportive - that is their decision.

Dehn0045

Thanks Mark. I know its just numbers, and not that meaningful, but as a former "mathlete" (1997-2001 conference champs, lol) when I see a number I can't resist. I tested early after the cutover and it seemed like when I "liked" a post my reaction score increased by 1 immediately. Now, it doesn't, and the link when you click on your "reaction score" brings you to your "reactions received" page.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks! As an obsessive, and somewhat like Sam, I ponder why different words/ figures are used in both different and similar situations, and try to draw conclusions from when they are used separately and as one. (Japanese taught me that: READ BETWEEN THE LINES!) ;)
- Edit in: It was easy (for me) to read between the lines in Japan and with Japanese, but it is far more difficult to do (for me) with English language people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom