New For Me - Magnetic in Ambrosia Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

My order of Magnetic rollerballs from Crooked Mill arrived today and I just finished turning my first one, Chrome, in Ambrosia Maple. The finish is my standard CA regimen and I replaced the standard rollerball refill that came with it using a Pilot G2. I think it turned out pretty good. The photos follow - Dave

IMG_3468 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3464 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3465 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3466 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3467 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Beautiful wood and a wonderful finish. I also really appreciate your photography.
Thanks for the compliment, but I really have a low tech (quick & dirty) approach to the pictures I take. No light box or special lighting or anything, I simply put the pen on a white cotton rag that was cut from a t-shirt that I drape up a little in the back to give it a plain background and I snap the pictures with my old iPhone 8. I do manipulate them just a little after I import them, I rotate them so they are straight across, I crop them down to get rid of the excess around them, and I reduce them by about 60% and save them as a pretty compressed jpg file before posting. I do have a pair of fluorescent fixtures in my office that I have retrofit with T8 LED bulbs though. I think that's why I get a pretty nice white reflection line in the pictures.

Dave

derekdd

Nicely done, Dave.

That ambrosia maple blank made such a lovely pen. I'm appreciating more and more longer, single tubed pens.

Do you like the magnet strength on this kit?

egnald

It's called the Magnetic and I think it is only available from Crooked Mill (it is their design). It comes with either a straight clip or one with the curvy one (like the one made).Most of the tips in what I ordered have the profile like the one I made, but sometimes some of us get one that has a snooth tip instead.

I think the Zen might be the same basic design, but from someone else.

Dave

egnald

Nicely done, Dave.

That ambrosia maple blank made such a lovely pen. I'm appreciating more and more longer, single tubed pens.

Do you like the magnet strength on this kit?
So far the magnetic strength seems OK, but I haven't carried it around in my pocket for very long yet. - Dave

Top Bottom