Segmenting New design attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Was hoping this one would morph into a sine wave design. It did not[emoji53]. My wife said it makes her think of McDonalds. I think I might like it better if all the infill was wood and the same color. I'm not a fan of this one. What do you all think?
IMG_1727.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
LOL, I'm thinking that this is a great... experiment/trial/exploratory design. 🧐. Not getting a lot of love for the blank "as is," but these usually lead to further modifications.

Keep playing!

When I was a young clinical therapist/researcher, I was mentored by a retired Professor/Department Chair from NYU. After he reviewed an article draft of mine he said:

"If you do not fail in your experiments/thesis/research 90% of the time, you are not exploring enough. Expect to fail most of the time, the rest will be gems."
Be well, play!

KenB259

LOL, I'm thinking that this is a great... experiment/trial/exploratory design. 🧐. Not getting a lot of love for the blank "as is," but these usually lead to further modifications.

Keep playing!

When I was a young clinical therapist/researcher, I was mentored by a retired Professor/Department Chair from NYU. After he reviewed an article draft of mine he said:

"If you do not fail in your experiments/thesis/research 90% of the time, you are not exploring enough. Expect to fail most of the time, the rest will be gems."
Be well, play!

LOL , well I must be doing it right, since I have way more failures than successes. I'm not ready to give up on a sine wave blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

magpens

I don't know what you envisage as a "sine wave blank", but what you have shown in this thread has got to be very close to a sine wave.

Yes, I know that a sine wave has equal portions symmetrical around the horizontal axis of the wave ... but I don't think that is what you are aiming for, somehow, and I am not sure it is even achievable.

So ... I would say that you have done a VERY good job !! . Even if a mathematical genius proves to you that yours is not even one-half a sine wave. . AS IS, it is VERY VERY good .... .

Do you have a picture of your starting point .... by that I mean your still-square blank right after glue-up and before you round it ?

Top Bottom