New But Already Hooked

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

Looking forward to the expertise from forum members. Worked through two kit pens and had a blast! Won't go into the actual results except to say I am already hooked. Also, my wife got a look at the Penn State catalog and is making her list for pens, bottle stoppers, etc. for future presents. Gotta make a plan!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Firstly,
Welcome Harry to the penturners forum !

Now most importantly....HIDE THE CREDIT CARD !

Penturning is a wonderful hobby that has many avenues it can take you down .

Be sure and visit the IAP libary here, lots of info to read up on there.

Grampy

....my wife got a look at the Penn State catalog and is making her list for pens, bottle stoppers, etc. .....

Gotta hand it to PSI, those folks know how to market..My wife had (has) the same response.. "hey that's cool"... "oh this is nice"
"our daughter or daughter in-law would love one of these".......

Got my mandrel just before Christmas and I'm already "in deep".. Enjoy this forum, I've already learned these folks are a great source of wisdom (experience) and ideas.

Woodchipper

Welcome from SE TN. My wife accompanied me to Woodcraft several months ago. They had kits and blanks on sale. Her ting was three pieces of Spectraply! She first stopped at the wood bin outside and picked up a couple of small pieces- sold by the pound. We, yes- we, left with about $100 on the CC! We are already planning on Christmas gifts and auction items for our chapter party in 11 months.

Top Bottom