New at Pen and Wood Addiction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Papo

Hello everyone I'm really new and raw, have turned a few pens and I've become and immidiate addict.. The real problem as of now is the ends of some of my pens show right thru to the tube I tried hiding this fault at the clip end but don't really like to do that.Any help would be greatly appreciated.What at my doing wrong?I'm from Winter Haven Florida are there any meetings near me?I have too many question at this time hope someone can help.

Thanx
God Bless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hiharry626

try going slower, be patient
hopefully this helps you out,
I'm still new to pen turning, but I've tried rushing the procedure and that's happened to me as well. Take your time

ctubbs

Are you turning wood or acrilics? If PR then painting the tube and the inside of the blank before glueing in the tube will hide the tube from view. The color of the paint will affect the color of the blank so choose carefully. If wood, you are turning way too thin or the wood is translucent for some reason. Just mho.
Charles

Fred

You MUST have flat ends of your blanks - wood or acrylic - to allow the metal to sit absolutely flush with the blank. You sand/cut down the very ends of all the blanks prior to turning. Check out the sanding mills a few of the IAP members make and sell on the Forum.

Do a 'Search' for sanding mills ... :)

nativewooder

You probably have a neighbor who is knowledgeable. Go to the AAW site, www.woodturner.org and there will be links to clubs by state. There several in your area. There will be listings for phone numbers and email. I'm sure many of the members turn pens and will be willing to provide assistance.

Longfellow

Welcome

Welcome from Sunny St. Cloud, Fla. Home of beautiful Florida wood.
I beleive there is a wood turners club that meets at the Woodcraft store in Casselberry.

Mark

Welcome to the IAP.

I'm certain there is a solution to your problem. Feel free to post a couple of pix, so we can better understand what you are seeing.

Top Bottom