New Anvil EDC from Penn State

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

I just got my new catalog from Penn State and I REALLY like the looks of their Anvil EDC Click Pen...

I've been looking for a RELIABLE clicker and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this model?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Rich:

I have used the Schmidt style push button in my custom made pen over 50 sold and yet to have one returned for a defect. The Anvil EDC pen uses the same SKM192 as the Everyday Classic Click pen. Out of the three new kits I like the Dura Click EDC which uses the Schmidt SKM88 which is in the same design of the SKM192.
For sure these clicks don't fail like the other click on the market.

Cheers

Charlie

newgenesis

There are two things that kinda irks me about the EDC DuraClick pens from Penn State.
1. The top of the click mech likes to twist itself in your pocket. I have been adding just a bit of non permanent threadlocker to stop that from happening.
2. When replacing the parker ink refill if you inadvertantly throw that white piece at the top the pen causing the pen to be useless. When selling them I make sure to bring this to the customers attention.

Other than that the pen is beautiful. For those that have turned the new anvil any similar issues?

donwae

There are two things that kinda irks me about the EDC DuraClick pens from Penn State.
1. The top of the click mech likes to twist itself in your pocket. I have been adding just a bit of non permanent threadlocker to stop that from happening.
2. When replacing the parker ink refill if you inadvertantly throw that white piece at the top the pen causing the pen to be useless. When selling them I make sure to bring this to the customers attention.

Other than that the pen is beautiful. For those that have turned the new anvil any similar issues?
I totally agree with you about that little white spacer. Love the pen but will not sell anymore of them because of this.

TonyL

Not that it would be convenient, but the spacers can be purchased from a source other than PSI. The ED Classic doesn't use a spacer if one is looking for an alternative that uses the same bushings. Another member also made a few without the spacer and shortened the barrel.

magpens

Easy question .... I think it's pretty easy to remove the white spacer off the refill in the Duraclick ...

but .... what about the metal "spacer"/extender in the Berea Blade pen kit .... it's actually on the clicker (not on the refill) ....

is that metal "spacer"/extender removable ? (The Berea Blade uses the same clicker, the SKM-88, as is used in the Duraclick.)

Dieseldoc

Easy question .... I think it's pretty easy to remove the white spacer off the refill in the Duraclick ...

but .... what about the metal "spacer"/extender in the Berea Blade pen kit .... it's actually on the clicker (not on the refill) ....

is that metal "spacer"/extender removable ? (The Berea Blade uses the same clicker, the SKM-88, as is used in the Duraclick.)
Mal: The Berea Blade has a differant type of SKM88 as the shank is part of the click and is not removable

Top Bottom