New addition to the shop!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I found this on Facebook Marketplace earlier this week. This older model Bose with a remote is am/fm only...no CD. This was exactly what I was looking for...radio only. I know many folks have music on their phones, Bluetooth speakers or ear buds. And now, the bone conduction sets that many like.
I don't have any music on my phone and don't plan on sending money on doing so when it is still free in the radio. No, I don't have a playlist either. I just push one button and I have nice classical playing or local news/traffic/weather/etc when I want it. It is a simplistic setup and I like it!

78529459-7ED2-430A-B655-CC164B8202B8.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
There's enough noise in my shop without music... I didn't even like it when the girls in the office played radios at their desks.... I worked the phone constantly or was trying to figure out a routing for a piece of freight, so music was a distraction there too. I do have an old portable in my shop somewhere... it might even still work??

Charlie_W

Turns out the seller was only 1/2 mile from me and a is a woodworker!
I offered after Covid to have him come over and give turning a spinđź‘Ť

Pen Joe

I have one in my shop and seldom listen to it, I find them to be distracting, so when I want to be amused I will let it do its job but I prefer, to muse myself (muse meaning let you mind work with out outer influence) I was a sales person on the road driving 60,000 miles a year, never turned the radio on, thinking of the days calls and driving without distractions, 45 years with out an accident. Joe

WriteON

I miss my jazz station(s) from Phila. Especially going back a few years. Currently Temple radio offers classical from 6-6pm. I have a Bose Wave in my garage. It has a CD and inputs so it's not very old school

aldjmc

Spotify, Audible and Bluetooth for me. I currently have 574 "liked" songs and can listen for days without hearing the same one twice on Spotify (everything from Beethoven to the Beatles, to the Bagpipes). I also have about 60 hours of audio books I can listen to. If I'm not feeling either of those, I can always bring up CBC Radio. I love the solitude of my shop, but I really love creating while listening to whatever I choose to listen to. But that's just me...

sbwertz

I just bought a small pair of Bose computer speakers to use with my MyFi XM radio. It has a stereo mini-pin like those on a computer for external speakers. My old Lasonic speakers finally died...the sound was fine, but the volume control failed. I got the lifetime subscription to XM way back when it was reasonably priced!

Though small, these little speakers have great sound and amazing bass.

Top Bottom