Never introduced myself, "either"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

I have been lurking around and posting on IAP since January 2010. I have started a few posts and made a few comments on other's posts but in all the time I have been in and out of here I had not run across this introductions forum.:redface: Better late then never though I suppose.

I am a retired Mfr'g Eng with most of my experience in the Automotive industry. I came to wood late in my career as Continuous Improvement Coordinator for large commercial cabinet manufacturer, retiring from them after 5 years in March 09. Apparently the sawdust I breathed while working there is addictive because now I can't seem to get away from it:eek::rolleyes: The first 5-6 months after retirement I spent building myself a 20'x32' wood working shop and now spend most of my spare time making sawdust to feed my addiction.:biggrin: I like everything about wood working so I haven't really concentrated on one area. I even enjoy a little metal work now and then also. Small stuff like making lathe tools such as a steady rest and things like that just for my self. I do a little flat work, turn a few pens, a few bowls or hollow forms, some small spindles, you name it, if it is wood I have probably worked on it.:wink:

I really enjoy it every time I visit IAP or SMC (sawmillcreek) and most of the things I have learned about wood working I have learned from you folks on IAP or the ones at SMC. What I love about these places is the willingness of "everyone" to help "anyone". I look forward to many more visits here and further increasing my knowledge about the art and craft of woodworking.

I also apparently enjoy rambling so I better wind this up and wish you all a great day and get to learning some more:).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bking0217

Welcome! There are plenty of great people here. There is also much to be learned from those people. If ever you have a question, just ask. Everyone was new once.

Top Bottom