Negative Rake Carbide Inserts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RProctor

Is Easy Wood Tools the only seller of these types of inserts? I've been looking around and have not seem to found other brands or manufacturers of these.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Woodturningz.com has them in Square Radius and Round and Diamond Shape also. I hve bought pen kits from them and are always prompt with their deliveries.

RProctor

Woodturningz.com has them in Square Radius and Round and Diamond Shape also. I hve bought pen kits from them and are always prompt with their deliveries.
The cutters on their website are the Easy Wood Tools..... I. Not looking for a new place to buy them..... I'm wondering if anyone else makes them.....

RicklesssS

My first post!
I talked with AZ carbide a month or so back, as I was on a waiting list to possibly purchase their negative rake cutters.
He informed me they were warned by Easy Tool to not peruse the matter.
Seems like it's NOT a patentable idea, seeing how with non-carbide scrapers, at least, lots of folks make negative rake tools..
Hope they can make them someday.
Ricklesss in Oregon

RProctor

Thanks for the info.....company attitudes like this really turn me off from companies. I'm actually pursuing what another member did which was grind a 20 degree down angle on the bar and mount a normal carbide insert that way, giving it the angle with the advantage of being able to touch up and have options.

duncsuss

I think the concept of "negative rake carbide inserts" is fundamentally flawed. Watch the Stuart Batty video again. He states it about as clearly as possible: it is the BURR on the edge of the negative rake scraper that does the cutting.

Show me a carbide insert with a burr.

Top Bottom