Need your opinions in the next 12 hours

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
A beautiful mammoth ivory pen has been submitter in the Antler Bone and Horn Pen contest. Do you consider ivory to be a type of bone??? I'm inclined to say yes, but with all the nitpicking of a certain member and the questions posed in posts #2-#13 here, I hesitant to allow it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Ivory is not horn, antler or bone. In my opinion it should not be allowed and the entrant should be encouraged to enter it in another contest.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Man I hate discouraging guys who have worked hard and done well!!!

But, I agree with Mike----with sincere and great reluctance!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It sounds like an "advanced beautiful pen" or, if a kit, an intermediate beautiful pen.

HAS to qualify for some category---enter it quick!!

Buzzzz4

I would agree, ivory is considered a tooth. Not part of your title. I would steer it to another contest. i have done that with some participants already in the casting contests. It's not always taken well, but rules are rules. That is also a benefit of the pens not being shown until the contest is over.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
This person emailed me back asking if he could submit another pen in it's place. The replacement pen is completed and was made as a backup to the one submitted. At the time stamp on his email, he would have had about 4 hours to submit the pen. I should have received the email last nite before the deadline, but for some reason, my emails are not always received or displayed in a timely manor. Because of this delay, I'm inclined to let him submit the replacement pen, unless you can see any problems this may present.

toddlajoie

I would allow it.

Agreed, delays on our part should not affect the contestants, and we're all aware this is not a full time job for us (tho some it seems are on here 24/7...:biggrin:) As long as the polls have not been posted, I don't see an issue with letting the deadline stretch a little bit...

Top Bottom