Need Instructions, Please - Berea Premium Pizza Cutter 4" - Berea # 1509PC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I bought some of these kits a few years ago, misplaced them, and now found them.
I want to make a couple of pizza cutters for the kitchen drawer and as gifts for friends.
Kit instructions were not sent at the time of purchase and they are no longer available on the Berea website.
Or, if they are still available, I may have overlooked them.

So, if you have a copy of the instructions, please let me know and we can arrange a method of transmitting the information.

I think it is a reasonably simple job to turn the required handle for the pizza cutter and I would think that the assembly is intuitive.
But the method of attaching the handle to the blade-holder of the pizza cutter is what I need help with.

It is clearly a different process from the familiar making of a pen, so I'd like to at least see and read the instructions, if possible.
Alternatively, someone may have made these kits, may remember how to make and attach the handle, and can describe the process.

If you can help in any way, please reply. I would be very grateful.

I am familiar with this posting: https://www.penturners.org/threads/pizza-cutter.176532/

Oh, and I just discovered these instructions on CSUSA, so maybe I am good to go:
https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/docs/new_pizza_cutter.pdf

Would still like to hear from anyone having experience with any pizza cutter kits.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sly Dog

I'm curious if those of you that make these glue in the blade or let it be taken off for cleaning? I've found it will twist too much if left unglued in permanently. Curious what your experience has been.
I made at least 10 as Christmas gifts last year some wood, some acrylic. I tapped a couple but used the brass insert method on most and did not glue the handle and blade together so that users could detach the blade for cleaning separately in the dishwasher. The one I made for my wife and myself loosened from twisting during one use, so I agree it can be an issue. That was one I made from wood, and where I tapped the threads; I just figured I didn't tap them very well. Prolly not a bad idea to glue them all together but then you are committing to hand washing (and those blades are pretty sharp) - at least none of the handles I made were dishwasher safe.

Top Bottom