Need help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

I need to find some small corks that will fit this bottle a friend of mine has. It from France and has 4 chambers in it. Here are a couple pictures of it. If anyone knows where I can find small corks or has an idea I would appreciate any help. The sizes of the openings are roughly .48 tapering to .435 (12.21mm to 11.06).

200748161132_french%20bottle%20002.jpg

200748161143_french%20bottle%20004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

If you just need just 4 then check Lowe's. The store here sells corks. But if you need to buy several of them, then the cheapest I've found is from http://www.sunburstbottle.com Or, I could send you 4 corks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by airrat
<br />I need to find some small corks that will fit this bottle a friend of mine has. It from France and has 4 chambers in it. Here are a couple pictures of it. If anyone knows where I can find small corks or has an idea I would appreciate any help. The sizes of the openings are roughly .48 tapering to .435 (12.21mm to 11.06).

airrat

Thanks Don that is what I needed. I looked at home depot and they didn't have any. I can look at lowes later and check out that site.

I think he is also wanting to know if I can turn some little toppers to go with it.

its_virgil

Tom,
At the local Lowes, the stoppers are in the drawers wtih the special screws and fasteners on the same isle with the other screws and bolts.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by airrat
<br />Thanks Don that is what I needed. I looked at home depot and they didn't have any. I can look at lowes later and check out that site.

I think he is also wanting to know if I can turn some little toppers to go with it.

airrat

Dennis he saw another one on an antique auction site and it claimed it was a Brandy type. He is looking at doing something like that too with it.

Thanks Don I never even knew they carried them. I like that site too.

airrat

doing a quick search I found one site on antiques that list some information. Other is an ebay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-WINE-LIQUOR-DECANTER-GLASS-BOTTLE-UNIQUE_W0QQitemZ230112147878QQihZ013QQcategoryZ35712QQcmdZViewItem

http://antiquesandthearts.com/forumresponse.asp?var=1588&var2=11

JimGo

You could always get a few bigger corks and turn them to the appropriate size, or get some rubber stoppers, turn them to the appropriate size, and add a wood or PR top to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom