Need advice for a kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Hi - I have a customer who has bought several pens from me, and is interested in me making another custom pen for him - He would like a rollerball pen that is similar in size to a Majestic, but has "more modern clean lines" and must use the Schmidt rollerball.

Before I go poring over catalogs and websites, can any of you recommend a large rollerball pen kit that is more "traditional", with clean lines? He wants a chrome finish (Vs gold).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
KC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Rizheng makes a Majestic kit that is more subtle than the one PSI sells. Same size but not sure about same tubes. It is not a bad looking kit.

KMCloonan

Rizheng makes a Majestic kit that is more subtle than the one PSI sells. Same size but not sure about same tubes. It is not a bad looking kit.
Thanks John.
My customer already bought a pen made with the Rizheng Kit, which he liked a lot, but this next pen, he wants the same size, but more modern, cleaner hardware. I think we're narrowing the search down to the Gentleman or Statesman kits.

KMCloonan

I think the Churchill fits the bill.

They're out of stock right now at Exotic Blanks but I'm sure Ed will expedite your order.
Thanks Rick, I actually have a stash of Churchill pen kits, but they are smaller than the Majestic. My customer wants a giant pen!

jttheclockman

Well not sure you will find a true Statesman any more. Arizona has the Artisan Statesman. You did not say if you want postable or not. You get that large they are not postable. If he wants big, how about a Panache. It is not a carry pen though.

d_bondi

Well not sure you will find a true Statesman any more. Arizona has the Artisan Statesman. You did not say if you want postable or not. You get that large they are not postable. If he wants big, how about a Panache. It is not a carry pen though.

Good idea John. The Panache also fits the "more modern clean lines" requirement too! And ExoticBlanks has it in a Rhodium plating.

derekdd

Sounds like a plan.

I was going to suggest the Broadwell Nouveau Scepter as one to consider.

I just got an order for a fountain and ballpoint with that kit. Pretty close to the MJr.

KMCloonan

Sounds like a plan.

I was going to suggest the Broadwell Nouveau Scepter as one to consider.

I just got an order for a fountain and ballpoint with that kit. Pretty close to the MJr.
The David Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre is a great looking kit, but a bit more ornamental than my customer is interested in. I have sold several scepters to other customers - they sell great.

Top Bottom