Need a Decision

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

I'm getting down to the wire. I need to know what will be the prize allocation for the trivia contest. I'm one of the first contests to kick off on Monday morning and I still have some things to prepare before then. My time this weekend is getting crunched.

Please let me know as soon as you can what prizes or at least the number of prizes allocated to trivia so I can finalize my preparation.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I'm getting down to the wire. I need to know what will be the prize allocation for the trivia contest. I'm one of the first contests to kick off on Monday morning and I still have some things to prepare before then. My time this weekend is getting crunched.

Please let me know as soon as you can what prizes or at least the number of prizes allocated to trivia so I can finalize my preparation.

Thanks.
Ditto :wink:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bruce,

The way things are "panning out", you can plan on one prize per day.

They range in value from $10 to $50, but I am hoping we can reinforce the $10 prizes with more than one. So, that's been the dilemma.

Safe to announce, one prize a day - to be determined.

Hunter, I am working on yours (because we are asking for the pen, I hope to give a very worthwhile prize) Will get on the phone to expedite. Stay tuned.

Thanks to both of you!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Cav,

I don't consider it work. As long as I am not stepping on your toes, I am happy getting things done. You have my phone number if I get too "headstrong".

fiferb

Thanks Ed. If it's possible to get the first few days of prizes for the trivia and the donators I can announce them each day. Otherwise, I'll just say TBD.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bruce,'
What is your opinion of the "pick a number" approach to prizes for trivia?

We have a couple prizes that are more valuable than the rest, I prefer to put a number on them (1-28) and let the winner pick a number. Only Cav and I would know which number is what prize (Cav can keep me honest). This also allows us to add two prizes together as they "show up" during the bash, so, I think everyone benefits.'

WHADAYATHINK??

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great, you can use any language you want.

But the essence is, the winner will pick his-her favorite number between 1-15. I will announce the next day which prize was won. As we near the end of the month, the range of numbers will be reduced. Kinda like picking a suitcase, but one choice is all you get, unless they win the trivia more than one day!!

I hope it will be more "suspenseful", and it will allow me to put two small gift certificates into one prize to make the prizes more "worthwhile". Also will allow me to add some as they come in during the bash--which I was unable to do last year, so some prizes were never awarded --- NOT a GOOD thing (ask for prizes, then don't award them----next year not likely to get another prize!!)

So, thanks for accepting this idea!!! (Cav, Andrew and Bruce, especially!!)

fiferb

Ed, I need the contact info for you or whoever in your small army of volunteers will be handling the prizes for the trivia. I'll post it with the daily winner and give them instructions on who and how to contact to win their prize. I'll try and put in a brief explanation of how it works with the winner announcement. I'll probably just copy and paste what you wrote above. (more or less)

Top Bottom