Natural Edge Bowl and Lidded Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

I decided to turn something besides pens. The Natural Edge Bowl is made from hickory. The tree fell down about two years ago behind my shop because of insect infestation. I rough turned several natural edge bowls at that time. They turned easily when the wood was green, but hickory is very hard to turn when it has dried thoroughly. The other work is a lidded box made from cherry I harvested about three years ago. As always comments are welcome.

200862944711_Hickory%20bowl.jpg

20086294488_Cherry%20lidded%20box.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

That natural edge Hickory is awesome! Now I have to look at my stash of Pecan and see if I can come up with something like that when I get back into the shop! I only have 1,538 items to make when this cast comes off! :D;)

bitshird

Jeez Louis, give a guy a break, I'm a monkey see monkey do kind of guy, and now I'm probably going to go to the shop (when it cools off) and damage some part of my poor beat up body trying to do something like those beautiful projects, I really like the box, it's very pretty, and I just raided a wood pile and got some blocks of Tulip Poplar that weren't too badly checked, Nice work on both pieces though..

louisbry

Thanks for all the great comments, I appreciate the positive feedback. It is always fun to turn pieces other than pens from time to time. I do not know why but pens seem to be so additive.

Top Bottom