Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Getting ready for SWAT in August.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
20210626_110448-02.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Without the explanation or anything, the colored pieces tell the story well. That is going to be very useful. Good luck. Expect to see hundreds of new segmenters show up here. :)

rherrell

Segmenting is HARD!!! I attempted it years ago and failed miserably, I don't have the patience for it.

It sure does look interesting Don, I hope you post the finished product.

its_virgil

Segmenting is HARD!!! I attempted it years ago and failed miserably, I don't have the patience for it.

I'm no segmenter by any means but I do like the 360 herringbone so I researched and figured it out. This is the only segmenting I do.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jttheclockman

Boy I remember when this design was all the rage and its secret was held tight to the vest. We had discussions on here both for and against the revealing of how this was done. It held together for a long time and then the secret became outed and tutorials were posted and now is somewhat a staple to segmenters.

With that said, back in those days, there was a person here that did a 360 degree herringbone but had a different approach and the look was totally different and to me even cooler. We all tried to get him to reveal but he never did. Then there were a group of us who tried to reverse engineer it to no success. To this day, I have only seen one and his method still remains a mystery. You all can do some searching if you choose to find the topic. It had to do with the shape of the pieces. That is my clue to you. I swear before I leave this planet I will once again attempt this segmented pen and if successful will have to deal with the guilt of weather to reveal of not. I believe there is 2 people still here that knows what I am talking about. Just a little shroud of mystery about this design. ;););)

its_virgil

Boy I remember when this design was all the rage and its secret was held tight to the vest. We had discussions on here both for and against the revealing of how this was done. It held together for a long time and then the secret became outed and tutorials were posted and now is somewhat a staple to segmenters.

With that said, back in those days, there was a person here that did a 360 degree herringbone but had a different approach and the look was totally different and to me even cooler. We all tried to get him to reveal but he never did. Then there were a group of us who tried to reverse engineer it to no success. To this day, I have only seen one and his method still remains a mystery. You all can do some searching if you choose to find the topic. It had to do with the shape of the pieces. That is my clue to you. I swear before I leave this planet I will once again attempt this segmented pen and if successful will have to deal with the guilt of weather to reveal of not. I believe there is 2 people still here that knows what I am talking about. Just a little shroud of mystery about this design. ;););)
A shroud if mystery around many of his designs.

its_virgil

I need to work on making sure the tiles are perpendicular to each other. Working on it.
I also like the tiles to be from the same wood. This blank and the others I will make better show the process with different color woods. Back to making more.
I need to make more to have the processes at different stages for my demo at SWAT in August.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• 20210627_134249.mp4
    38.4 MB
Top Bottom