My turn for the bandsaw BANG!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Last Monday, Todd (Todd in PA) had a post about his Bandsaw BANG! I got mine this afternoon, only it was more of a pop-flippy flippy flippy rather than a true BANG when my bandsaw blade broke apart. Fortunately I had a replacement blade all ready to go. But of course it is never just that simple. I also replaced the lower blade guide bearings that were starting to get a little stiff and then of course re-adjusted everything. It's finally up and running again this afternoon, but I'm just no longer in the mood wo work in the shop.

It's really hard to get BASH entries ready. So far, my segmented blank exploded during drilling, and I was out of one of the blanks I swear I had plenty of - so it was time to order and wait some more. Maybe I should just finish drilling my explosion and make it into a pen for the Ugly contest.

Anyhow, it's about time to go upstairs to start getting snacks and stuff ready for the game.

Dave

Burnpile

Speaking of bandsaws (mine's a Shopsmith) I've been working through some Spalted Ambrosia Maple that a friend gave me. I've made a bandsaw box(es) and a pen box. Having fun with bandsaw boxes but depend a lot on an oscillating sander that a friend gifted me to do the final sanding.
Burnpile - Cincinnati

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpeg
    IMG_4051.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4049.jpeg
    IMG_4049.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4052.jpeg
    IMG_4052.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4054.jpeg
    IMG_4054.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 25

egnald

Speaking of bandsaws (mine's a Shopsmith) I've been working through some Spalted Ambrosia Maple that a friend gave me. I've made a bandsaw box(es) and a pen box. Having fun with bandsaw boxes but depend a lot on an oscillating sander that a friend gifted me to do the final sanding.
Burnpile - Cincinnati
Cool. I haven't tried making a box yet, but it is on my bucket list. Ambrosia Maple is one of my very most favorite woods. - Dave

Top Bottom