My Smart Grandson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
My youngest daughter has her hands full with her youngest child - 2 year old Gideon. Observant, thinking, problem solving!

Locked pantry with the lock 6 ft up - no problem!

My daughter, with 5 kids - 10, 8, 6, 4 and the youngest 2, she keeps the camera ready, this is what she caught:

attachment.php

He went outside, got the little rake, came in a proceeded to do what his taller mom and dad did. He got into the pantry, pulled down a box of crackers and gave them to his mom and said "I want some crackers, Mom!"

He did have one slip up - my daughter said she didn't think the door was locked, but he went through the motions, just in case!

Attachments

• Unlocking the pantry.jpg
    Unlocking the pantry.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 432
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

Hank,

He probably takes after his grandfather.

If my math is correct (ages 10,8,6,4,2) you are due another grandkid anytime.

Tell your daughter she might consider running for President in a couple of years. Anyone who keeps track of that many young kids and still has a sense of humor has good management skills and a positive view of life.

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hank,

He probably takes after his grandfather.

If my math is correct (ages 10,8,6,4,2) you are due another grandkid anytime.

Tell your daughter she might consider running for President in a couple of years. Anyone who keeps track of that many young kids and still has a sense of humor has good management skills and a positive view of life.

I asked my daughter where number 6 was and she just glared at me! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Woodchipper

My wife looked at the photo. She was in preschool education for about 32 years and has seen it all. Her remark? "Got give him credit, pretty smart!" She did not mention anything that would connect him with any grandparent.

sbwertz

When my daughter was 22 months old she took a big screwdriver and unscrewed all the bolts and screws on the brand new swingset as high as she could reach. We had bought her a "tool bench" that had big plastic screws and bolts, and a big plastic screwdriver. Didn't take her long to figure out how to use a real one. Some of those were pretty tight. She managed to get them loose, though.

The reason I know her exact age, was that it was when my mother came to help when my son was born. She was gobsmacked when she saw what a toddler managed to do.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

The late comedian, Rodney Dangerfield, said he bought a clothes rack. The instructions say, "So easy a nine year old can do it!" He spent all day trying to find nine year old!

SJScher

I work in the IT area and always tell people who ask me questions about their computers, their networks, and their phones to just find them a young child and they will know exactly what to do. I swear my grandchildren are already smarter than me and getting better every day.

Woodchipper

Kids grow up with computers and electronics. My ten year old grandson is learning the A/V system at church. He showed his grandparents (us) how to hook up the TV and laptop so we could watch another grandson's pro baseball games. It took one HDMI cable and set the TV to HDMIAV1 on the source button on the TV remote. "And a little child will lead them."

sbwertz

LOL. I just had a "friend of a friend" call me from out of state with a computer problem. It wasn't something I could do with Team Viewer, so I told her to ask her granddaughter to show her how to fix it. Worked.

Top Bottom