My reconfigured shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

With the purchase of my new drill press, I had to re-do my shop. Since I knew I'd have to tear out a lot of stuff anyway, I gutted everything and reconfigured it. The DP is now at the back of the shop, and the lathe close to the door. My hope is that I'll be able to do some turning without having to take all the "storage" stuff out of there, at least once I've gotten some blanks drilled and glued.

For those who haven't seen my shop before, it is 68" long and 43" wide. It doubles (or more correctly, it's primary purpose is) as an outdoor storage shed for all of our other tools and outdoor stuff too.

I know everyone will be jealous of the copious 2,942 square inches of floor space I have, but please try to control yourselves.

200641341326_DSCN3915a.jpg

200641341338_DSCN3916a.jpg

200641341350_DSCN3917a.jpg

20064134144_DSCN3918a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

[:0]And to think that I whine cuz I only get half of a 2 car garage (aprox 28,800 sq inches of work space on my half by the way)! I'm impressed that you can make that work. I feel even worse looking at the plans for my 16 x 24 shop.[;)]

Dario

My hat is off to you Jim. Shows that it is not the size of the shop and equipment that matters...it is the talent and craftsmanship.

I too thought my garage/shop is small. I do appreciate it a lot but now I see it in much better light. You are an inspiration. [^]

JimGo

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Wow. Good use of space! But why would you need a 300 watt service panel in such a small shop?!?

You'd be amazed at how much electricity I need in there Bill!

Actually, that's the serivce panel for the entire house. Seemed an odd place to put it when I saw it. The "shed" is attached to the outside of my house; the right-hand wall is shared with my living room.

Billy and the others, I KNEW you'd be jealous! [:D]

airrat

OUCH I hit my head twice when looking around.

Nice use of space, I complaine about my 2 car garage being full and no space.

PenWorks

Reconfigured or not, looks the same as last time [:D]
I think I see the new drill press in there, but not sure.

I think you need to put some OT in at work, increase your hourly billing rate,
and buy a new house for momma, the baby and your new shop [:p]

JimGo

LOL...not a bad idea Anthony, except that there aren't enough hours in the day as it is!!! [:D]

Tom, the shelves are strategically placed to start just above head level (at least my head level!).

Dario

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Wow. Good use of space! But why would you need a 300 watt service panel in such a small shop?!?

LOL noticed that too last night but my wife (rightfully) told me that it may be for the entire house. She is right...again.

Draken

Wow, looking good Jim. I'm impressed with how well you've made everything fit with the new drill press. Thanks for posting the photos. Guess I need to get off my duff and take some photos of my shop. [:I]

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom