My Piano/Bass Guitar/Pen Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

88tuner

2005324182619_SHOPSML.jpg

Here is my shop. I built it in September of 2003. I build computer desks out of old pianos, bass guitars and now pens. You can visit my web page at www.pianodesk.com. The shop is 20X30, 4 windows, 1 door and one roll up door. It is fully heated and cooled and there is an attic fan built into the wall that pulls 5600 cfm from the building. There are 24 plugs in the building and all the wall plugs are at 4ft where the drywall breaks for easy access.

Here's my pen bench made from an old pump organ. It has a grizzly lathe and harbor freight 1/2 ton press. I plan on adding tool hangers on what used to be the volume leg controls. The candle holders also make dandy cup holders.

2005324181318_pumporganbench.jpg

Here's a view of the outside of the shop.

100_4069.JPG

Here's a picture looking into the roll up door.

2005324181540_outpic.jpg

This is a general purpose bench I made from an old grand piano lid. I use this one to assemble my guitars.

2005324181844_grandbench.jpg

Here is a long kitchen cabinet that I put across the 20ft back wall. All the cabinet door and drawer pulls are made from old piano keys.

200532418297_long_bench.jpg

This is my latest desk, #20. It is being prepped for paint and final work before goint to a lady in NJ.

2005324183033_piano.jpg

This is the opposite side of the shop where I have a huge 4X8 bench for routing and my drill press.

2005324183337_drlpress.jpg

Here's on of my guitars. You can go to my website and see more examples. 6 string made of mahogany and maple.

100_5041.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I'm impressed Steve, not sure what to comment on [:p] My drummer/bass player son would surely like the bass. I love the tricked out lathe bench. It will be awhile before someone can top that [:D]
Wonderfull shop as well, great bench set up.

Tom McMillan

Wow, Steve---that is very, very cool indeed!!!! Your ingenuity is fantabulous!!!! Would love to have your shop---oh well, at least we have the same little Grizzly lathe.

gerberpens

Very nice Steve. Your shop looks very familiar. Oh, that's right, I was just there last week.[:D] I like the pump organ/lathe setup. Johann Sebastian Bach would have been jealous of that setup!!

Gary

nilsatcraft

My shop looks just like yours- just without all of the nice stuff and all the room. :) That's a pretty awesome setup you've got there. I've also built a few guitars- it's a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

Holy Mackeral! Why would anyone put that beautiful pump organ in a SHOP! I'm soooo jealous! And your piano desk for the lady in NJ is out of this world. You are one REALLY talented guy, Steve! Can hardly wait to see more of your work. Great shop too!

88tuner

Thanks for the comments. I really enjoy my shop. I call my shop my new truck because I had to buy a 1970 pickup for my main vehicle so I could afford to build the shop. I've been buying my equipment with each piece I sell so my shop is filled with all kinds of great tools.

My truck is pretty nice though.

20054133116_IMG00006.jpg
<br />

88tuner

Yeah. It's really funny. Either people hate the whole pianodesk thing or they love it. I think in the end though, most people would rather see a desk than a piano in the dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom