My MPG experience and goodies!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

:wink:After taking most of today to clear my head of all the traveling I finally got out all my goodies and snapped a few pics to share with those that couldn't make it.

I think a few words of thanks need to be first though. Thank you to Rich for doing the leg work and setting up this event. It ran very smooth! Thank you to Eric for all your efforts setting up the audio and visual! Without that we would have had some issues for sure. Also a HUGE thank you to all who helped set up and tear down when it was all over. Thank you to all who performed a demo or assisted along the way. Thank you to all who donated towards the contests and door prizes!!! I made out like a bandit with some amazing stuff (Pics to follow!!!). Thank you to Jeff for having IAP spread the word on all of the ongoings that helped me decide to make the trip out. I do hope it continues and can grow into something special!

It was so cool to get to meet everyone in person whom I've been chatting with online for the past 2.5yrs! Everyone was really nice and I was happy to get to hang out with some before and after the event.

Ok so now for the goodies! I was fortunate enough to win some prizes in the pen contests and wow were they sweet!

Here's what I won in my 2 door prizes (yes there were enough for some of us to win twice!):

Amherst feather blank by John U

DSC00915 (698x700).jpg

My 2nd door prize was a gator jaw bone and some IAP logo saftey glasses (already in the shop so no pic of it!)

DSC00916 (500x700).jpg

Then I won 2nd place in the fit and finish contest and got another John U blank along with an engraved wooden plaque!

DSC00913 (688x700).jpg

Lastly I somehow won 1st place in the advanced contest and won an amazing Betty Boop watch blank by non-other than our Capt. G! I also got another plaque for winning as well. I couldn't remember who did the plaques but if someone could let me know I'd love to thank them!

DSC00917 (391x700).jpg DSC00918 (374x700).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Wow...what a haul! I hope your suitcase was not over the weight limit on the way home!

Last edited:

Brooks803

Wow...what a haul! I hope your suitcase was not over the weight limit on the way home!

Oh believe me Mark, TSA wanted to get an upclose and personal look when they saw that jaw bone in the xray machine :eek::eek::eek:

Luckily the bloomington airport is really cool and they were awesome to deal with. Since I only packed carry on's I was curious if they'd let me on the plane with not just that but the damascus rod I bought from Ed & Dawn :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Oh believe me Mark, TSA wanted to get an upclose and personal look when they saw that jaw bone in the xray machine :eek::eek::eek:

Luckily the bloomington airport is really cool and they were awesome to deal with. Since I only packed carry on's I was curious if they'd let me on the plane with not just that but the damascus rod I bought from Ed & Dawn :biggrin:

Never thought to sell those as "personal protection devices"!!! They cleared TSA, ehhhhhh??? HHHHHhmmmmmmmm--a new market beckons!!

eupher58

I think the plaques were done by Rich, low 48. Turned the first stopper blank last night and sent the pic to my customer. He wants the other one as well! He loves that color! Thanks again!

Attachments

• 100_4911.jpg
    100_4911.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 193

Brooks803

I think the plaques were done by Rich, low 48. Turned the first stopper blank last night and sent the pic to my customer. He wants the other one as well! He loves that color! Thanks again!

That came out cool! Thanks for showing me Greg. I'll have to let Rich know how much I appreciate the plaques.

You got some nice stuff there! Loved your little mini fountain pen.

Thanks for your SWEET demo - that helped me understand how much artistry goes into creating resin blanks.

Did anybody pull out the camera phone for this?

lol...not that I know of Lupe. However, I'd be happy to do another demo at the next MPG. Maybe we'll get more people traveling in next year.

bubbamorse

You got some nice stuff there! Loved your little mini fountain pen.

Thanks for your SWEET demo - that helped me understand how much artistry goes into creating resin blanks.

Did anybody pull out the camera phone for this?

You know....I wanted to ...then saw it was just PR and decided it would be better to wait for the Alumillite presentation....and then my phone was dead....I just couldn't win on getting the presentations down. :biggrin:

Top Bottom