My local HF has on sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

a two pin moisture meter (item #2757) for $19.99 and the 29 piece set of Transfer Punches (item # 3577) many of us use to disassemble pens for $5.99. Just thought y'all might like to know so you could check with yours.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chigdon

Already have the transfer punches (which weren't on sale) but wondering if anyone has the moisture meter. Is it any good for that cheap?

airrat

I bought one from them last year. Will have to find it and look at the name. It lasted all of a month then stopped working. Never found out if it was accurate.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've had the moisture meter for some time now. Don't remember what I paid for it but it works better than what I had before, which was nothing.

Woodnknots

I have the moisture meter. I seems pretty acurate. Only problem I have is that it's only accurate as far as the pins will go in. I usually measure again when I have bandsawed out a blank to see what the content REALLY is. But I'm sure that's a problem with any pin moisture meter. I've checked kiln dried wood that's been in my shop for about a year, and it measures 8% or a little higher, so it seems accurate on the low end. Fresh cut blanks measure way up on the high side, and some lumber I've had drying for probably 8-10 months measures between 14-16% moisture. Seems pretty close to real to me.

alamocdc

Dave, my kiln dried stuff that I've had for three and four years also measures at about 8% and my air dried Maple bowl blanks (now two years old) measure about 12%. Seems to be close enough in accuracy as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom