My heart is broken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

We had to say good bye today to the best little buddy we could have ever asked for. He brought a lot of love into our home and was as loyal as could be. Five years ago he was diagnosed with diabetes. We knew he would eventually go blind. I don't think he was ever totally blind but he got around okay. We took good care of him, gave him a great life. Spoiled him to no end. He was more than a dog. He was my buddy. He had a tumor on his spleen, diagnosed about 3 years ago. We knew it was a time bomb, but we just
IMG_3717.JPG
made the best of the situation that we could. Over the weekend, he didn't want to eat, but we got him to eat enough to give him his insulin. Thought he was actually getting better. He wasn't though. Rest In Peace little buddy. Workshop won't be the same, neither will I.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Ken... I went through this the last two springs. Two best buddies I could ever care for.

It does get better, but they are never very far from our memories, and that is good.
My opinion only: The more we grieve, the more their influence was felt. And we are better for that.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 150

magpens

So sad !! . This kind of thread is not really "Casual Conversation". . There should be a Forum entitled "Heart-Wrenching" !

I've been through the same.

Sorry, no available pictures of Phlip, who was irreplaceable and so has not been replaced. . He looked a lot like your buddy, but black and white.

Last edited:

ramaroodle

Yes, so sorry. Our little deaf and blind 17 year old Chihuahua, Phil is on home hospice care. We are about to truly be empty nesters.

Mortalis

I feel your sorrow and promise it will get better. I cannot promise that you will not feel heavy hearted when the simplest of things happen upon you. Read the prose I've attached and know that you were his hero.
3 weeks past I lost a very dear friend. I was heart broken also. Someone posted this on my wall and it made all the sense in the world.

Attachments

• A pet's peace.jpg
    A pet's peace.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 115
  • OC headshotjpg.jpg
    OC headshotjpg.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 113

Dieseldoc

KEN: being raise on ranch we had many pets as I grew up and even now losing one of them is hard for our family to take. Our thoughts are with you and amity.

Dehn0045

Sorry Ken. The sharp edges will soften over time, but the hole never completely goes away

leehljp

Member Liaison
I never thought I would be as close to an animal as I am in my elder years, but I am.

I understand. They are great companions in addition to being entertainers daily. I know you will miss him.

robutacion

I only wish there was a way to minimize the pain we feel when we lose a loved pet, anyone that lost most loved pets know well what I'm referring to and I'm sure you gave him all the love you had to gave him and the best life he could have, you're lucky you had him and he was lucky to have you.

Cheers
George

Lmstretch

Sorry for your loss! I have two dogs that are my best friends. Unfortunately both are getting up in age, and one is diabetic. So, I fear the day they will no longer be with us. They are with us for such a short time, but give us so so much!

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Ken, Sorry to hear of your dear pets departure. I feel your pain. Pets are an important part of our families. When it's time, please adopt another.
There are so many needing a loving home. They have so much love to give.

CVATurner

I know how you're feeling. We had to send our 3 pound friend, Willy to a better place last Friday. It was an agonizing decision that I struggled with for a couple of months. He's still everywhere I look. Good luck to you in this time of greaving.

Attachments

• 20200522_104347.jpg
    20200522_104347.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 136

Woodfreak

Know how you feel buddy. Lost my Labrador X Newfoundland six months ago. She was THE BEST.

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_120441.jpg
    IMG_20200129_120441.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 129

sbwertz

We lost our old girl a few months ago. I think our dog Bear misses her as much as we do. She pretty much raised him from a pup.
rascal and bear.jpg

sorcerertd

So sorry to hear of your loss, Ken. Our furry family members are just that, family, and it's just as painful to say goodbye. I know this feeling all too well, having been through it a few times, but I also know it was worth it every time to have spent what time they had with them. I'm sure you gave him his best life.

Lucky2

Ken, I feel so sorry for you, and all of the other's who've gone through this. Over the last two years, I lost two of my almost people's. They were my best friend's and confidant's, I could discuss any subject with them. And they seemed go understand, and they usually were always up for a truck ride. For me, it was like losing a very close friend. I was lost after losing my Maxie, he was the boss and he kept the other two in their place. You will get over this loss, but it's gonna take time, well probably a long time. But you get to keep the memories, and know that he loved you as much as you loved him. Maybe more, who knows? Take care, and keep the memories of your buddy in your heart.

Len

carlmorrell

I found this girl at a cat rescue. She had been abandoned at 17. I took her in and enjoyed her company for over 3 years. She was old and grumpy, just like me, we made a great pair.

Attachments

• IMG_2575.JPG
    IMG_2575.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 121

eharri446

My wife and I had a dog that we got as a puppy. We had her for 13 years and when she died at the side of my wife's bed it so upset her that she was unable to sleep at night. It was not until I convinced her to look for another dog that she was able to sleep. In fact, she went out to look at getting another dog and the same night was able to sleep all night.

bsshog40

Sorry for the loss of your pet and best friend! I lost my 9 yr old girl a few months ago. She was cremated and still watches over our family on our mantle.

Attachments

• Penny 6 16 2019 copy.jpg
    Penny 6 16 2019 copy.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 106

Aces-High

Ken, I'm so sorry. We are nearing the end with our 13 year old golden doodle Too. I try not to think too much about it because it is so hard to fathom her not being around...

FrankH

I am so sorry for your loss - been through it.

Waiting at the Door

I was just a pup when we first met, I loved you from the start, you picked me up and took me home ant placed me in your heart. Good times we had together, we shared all life could throw, but years passed all too quickly my time has come to go. I know how much you miss me, I know your heart is sore, I see the tears that fall when I'm not Waiting at the Door. You always did your best for me your love was plain to see, for even though it broke your heart, you set my spirit free. So please be brave without me, one day we'll meet once more, when you're called to heaven, I'll be Waiting at the Door.

Top Bottom