My first pen sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from beachlover

beachlover

Hi everyone,
I finally made my first sale! It's the fourth pen I've made based on an idea of an ex-workmate who saw what I did with his idea and wanted the pen immediately. Could I please wait till his next payday and not sell it to anyone else. However, when he showed my photos to other workmates, someone else wanted it. So he said the other guy could buy it and he would have me design and create a different one for him (because he doesn't want a pen someone else has). Works for me!

It is a bullet pen from csusa with polymer clay barrel.

People refuse to believe that I have actually made all my pens (28 so far) and that they must have come out of some big company's production. Don't know if that's a compliment or not.

Thanks for looking. Critiques an comments appreciated.
Apologies for the poor photography.

Special thanks goes out to our beautiful and talented Toni for unselfishly sharing her skills and insights and to Timberbits for his youtube videos on CA finishing and to everyone else for just talking about pens. I've learned much from your conversations before I even started my first pen!!

Attachments

• IMG_3993.JPG
    IMG_3993.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3994.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

thats a compliment even though they dont know it. love the look. have admired toni's work since i first saw it. am trying to figure out if can do something simple in the clay myself. Great work on the pen. with that quality, they should start selling themselves when others start carrying them.

Lenny

Congratulations on your first sale! One of the unwritten rules (well actually I wrote it :biggrin:) in penturning is you are now eligible to spend 10x the amount of your first sale towards more supplies! :)
It's downhill and icy from here ... welcome to the slippery slope!:wink::):biggrin:

seamus7227

Very creative!! And very well done! Until I kept reading, i originally thought that was a swirled resin, but now knowing that it is PC, that is awesome!

beachlover

Congratulations on your first sale! One of the unwritten rules (well actually I wrote it :biggrin:) in penturning is you are now eligible to spend 10x the amount of your first sale towards more supplies! :)
It's downhill and icy from here ... welcome to the slippery slope!:wink::):biggrin:

I think my wife would hide my meds and my cc if she suspected even half of what I've already spent. But I like your rule!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

timberbits

Hi Beachlover

Congratulations on your first pen sale, hope its the first of many.

Is Timberbits a member here? I learned my CA method from his video, too.

Yes I am a member here, I don't make many post because but I do visit the site every day or two.

Got to get back to the workshop to make some more videos.

Timberbits.

jbswearingen

Hi Beachlover

Congratulations on your first pen sale, hope its the first of many.

Is Timberbits a member here? I learned my CA method from his video, too.

Yes I am a member here, I don't make many post because but I do visit the site every day or two.

Got to get back to the workshop to make some more videos.

Timberbits.

Well, please allow me to offer a sincere "Thank you" for helping me move beyond friction polish!

Drstrangefart

Having done a good few clay pens, a word of advice: Next time you do this pattern, try glow-in-the-dark FIMO in place of white. Looks just as good with an extra selling point. My last black and white(glow-in-the-dark) had a much thicker, more crude looking pattern on it. Liked it, but you nailed what I was going for. Looks great on a bullet, too.

188613_152760844783989_100001502242963_311955_3275124_n.jpg

Figured I'd show you how far off I was. I was afraid I was gonna end up with a non-glowing grey pen if I worked the clay too hard.

Last edited:

Lenny

I think my wife would hide my meds and my cc if she suspected even half of what I've already spent. But I like your rule!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Rule #2 is: make the wife a pen and be sure she's not around when the delivery comes in! :)

Top Bottom