My first mod!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Simsonicole

Ok...so made a couple of pens and found it very difficult to track which hole for my peg to go in. After looking at the different designs, this is what we came up with (had a bit of help from my handy hubby...hence the we!) Worked a treat.

Next challenge is to work out a way to take out the flex from the mandrel when setting up!

Attachments

• Spacer Wheel1.JPG
    Spacer Wheel1.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 499
  • Spacer Wheel Fitted.JPG
    Spacer Wheel Fitted.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 467
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Hi Nicole, nice work on the indexer, the easiest way to take out the flex is to replace the itty bity pieces of angle, with 2 piece of 1" X 1" X 1/16" or heavier angle cut to the length of the side pieces. That is one of the first things that should be done, when anyone gets one.
Kryn

PenPal

Some of my mods sent to Nicole recently.If you have a Wizard they are self explanatary. Did them years ago.

I recessed the holding shaft threw the pointed bit away my mandrel saver for the Wizard cut extra threads on the mandrel either end kept the original disk on the RH end and fitted the other disk behind it reinforces. Lots of extra locknuts.

Still not happy with the original driveshaft. Made a dust extraction scoop also not shown that works a treat. Put it in a box and made my own unit that works a treat will come back to the Wizard I have more thoughts to realise with it
The heavy Bamboo cutting board is a ripper base. Will do away with the winder and make an easier to use handle.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0019-091.JPG
    DSCF0019-091.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF0005-207.JPG
    DSCF0005-207.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCF0003-220.JPG
    DSCF0003-220.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCF0001-224.JPG
    DSCF0001-224.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCF0013-121.JPG
    DSCF0013-121.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 349

Simsonicole

Some of my mods sent to Nicole recently.If you have a Wizard they are self explanatary. Did them years ago.

I recessed the holding shaft threw the pointed bit away my mandrel saver for the Wizard cut extra threads on the mandrel either end kept the original disk on the RH end and fitted the other disk behind it reinforces. Lots of extra locknuts.

Still not happy with the original driveshaft. Made a dust extraction scoop also not shown that works a treat. Put it in a box and made my own unit that works a treat will come back to the Wizard I have more thoughts to realise with it
The heavy Bamboo cutting board is a ripper base. Will do away with the winder and make an easier to use handle.

Peter.

You have been a godsend Peter....thanks you so much for all the info. Hopefully I can return the favour eventually :)

Top Bottom