My first GT Knurl and Executive Pens to try them out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

I wanted to try out the Gt Knurl and Executive pen kits so I made one of each with some leftover Lava Explosion blank shorts I had.
The Executive is using a Symphony blank. The GT Knurl is using a Snowy Christmas blank. Those are the BearToothWoods designations for these blanks.
I like the GT Knurl much more and will probably not use an Executive again. I found it to be a bit too slender for my personal tastes. I like the heft of the GT Knurl much better. I also prefer the blank I used on it as well.

DSCN0384.jpg DSCN0385.jpg DSCN0386.jpg DSCN0387.jpg DSCN0388.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

I realized I had the name wrong after posting and cleaning up things in the shop.
Knurl GT --I will try to remember that in the future.
I will probably turn some more of these in the future. ( I have a lot of other kits I need to work on first *G*)

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Fred Bruche

I went the same path a few years ago and reached the same conclusion, so the Knurl GT has been my go-to kit for a while. Until I tested the Blade, almost as beefy in diameter and 30% more blank.

turnit2020

I prefer the GT Knurl over the executive my self. The metal nib is better for me and is a bit like the larger Dura click by PSI. Just my opinion.

rjmarc

Very nice looking pens. I had made a few executives but wasn't that enchanted with the chrome tops. So I tried to make something different for the top. Discovered a 10mm tube fit nicely onto the twist mechanism so I fashioned a top out of the same material. I had recently done this for a slimline pen I saw modified with cap on Youtube.

Attachments

• 0613201538a.jpg
    0613201538a.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 154

TonyL

Well...done! I make plenty of both kits. I find them to be inexpensive and reliable. I give some as gifts and sell some at the $40 to $50 range.

Top Bottom