Mini Review My Craft Coat Review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dudstuen

:) First I apologize ahead for my photography skills, I am working on fine tuning them. I am showing 3 pens, one is cocobolo and the other two are desert ironwood. All 3 pens were finished in the same manner except for the final finish coat. Two were finished with Craft Coat and one was finished with CA finish. No sealer was used, all were sanded with the same steps, and all recieved 10 coats of final finish and then were buffed with the 3 step Dr. Kirks finish and topped of with 1 coat of micro wax, after letting final coat cure for about 1-1/2 hours.Which one has the CA finish? If you said the one at the very far right (desert Ironwood) you are correct. Applying the craft coat was easy. I applied it in the same manner as I apply CA. Waiting 40-60 seconds between coats or till dry to the touch. Craft Coat: No nasty smell/fumes, easy clean up, easy to put on.I liked using Craft Coat and know I will be using it more in my turnings plus in other types of woodworking. I personally liked the Craft Coat finish as to me It gives a warmer look and feel, but thats me. I also believe it will have good durabilty for wear but two early for me to say. Overall I give it an A+ across the board. Sorry if I was too long winded. Hope this helps others.

Attachments

• pens 002.jpg
    pens 002.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 467

dudstuen

Lin and all Members, My very first time posting and with pic's. I hope I put it in correct spot. I should have mentioned in my post to please give feedback, questions and/or comments. I hope to catch on to proper posting soon. Dave

Top Bottom