My Black Friday Haul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

8203546D-A925-4910-BD8E-84357BC0A845.jpeg
20 percent off at LL Johnson's, my favorite store.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Gabon ebony is the most expensive piece there probably but the money shot is the Birdseye Maple. Put both together and that is golden.

howsitwork

SWMBO says Im not allowed to stockpile more until we stop tripping over the current lifetimes supply!

I maybe considering buddhism so I can come back for another go and therefore need to expand my stock accordingly

KenB259

Gabon ebony is the most expensive piece there probably but the money shot is the Birdseye Maple. Put both together and that is golden.
That piece of ebony was only ten dollars. The store manager today told me Gabon Ebony is $137.00 dollars a board foot. I use it very sparingly. The birdseye maple is a gorgeous piece of wood, a little darker than most. I agree those together could make something awesome.

KenB259

SWMBO says Im not allowed to stockpile more until we stop tripping over the current lifetimes supply!

I maybe considering buddhism so I can come back for another go and therefore need to expand my stock accordingly
I want to have a pretty good assortment amassed before I retire. I probably don't need anymore, but I am always on the lookout for something I don't have. It's just another aspect of this hobby that I enjoy.

jttheclockman

That piece of ebony was only ten dollars.

That is a steal. If he had more I would have bought all he had. A piece like that could be $50.

The different shades in the maple birdseye is what makes it unique and stand out. I see a nice pen case or jewlery box for the misses.

KenB259

That piece of ebony was only ten dollars.

That is a steal. If he had more I would have bought all he had. A piece like that could be $50.

The different shades in the maple birdseye is what makes it unique and stand out. I see a nice pen case or jewlery box for the misses.
You talked me into it. I went back and bought two more sticks of ebony this morning. 10 bucks each. Thing is this ebony is jet black. It's hard to find any without some streaking in it. Not that the streaking is ugly, but jet black is preferred. They have three left, I'm trying to be strong.

Jans husband

You talked me into it. I went back and bought two more sticks of ebony this morning. 10 bucks each. Thing is this ebony is jet black. It's hard to find any without some streaking in it. Not that the streaking is ugly, but jet black is preferred. They have three left, I'm trying to be strong.
I assume your better half has a satisfactory dress allowance!
They are very very nice pieces and will help to keep you out of mischief in the future!
Mike

jttheclockman

Ken I am sorry. No not sorry for talking you into it but sorry I am not there because you would not have any. They would be in my stash. You know I love to work with Gabon Ebony. It is the blackest wood on earth. I would buy them all. Out of curiosity what size are they?? Tough to get a feel from photo but all look about 2" square. I would be willing to pay for shipment. I make birdhouse ornaments too and like to use ebony. Maybe something you would like to look into. Does he have any pure white holly?? That is another wood that is hard to find without grey streaks. This time of the year is when they harvest it.

Just a little sample of what ebony can go for and no telling how pure black it is. https://www.cookwoods.com/collections/ebony-gabon not sure if this link works but you can look it up.

IMGP0086.JPG
IMGP0085.JPG

Last edited:

KenB259

Ken I am sorry. No not sorry for talking you into it but sorry I am not there because you would not have any. They would be in my stash. You know I love to work with Gabon Ebony. It is the blackest wood on earth. I would buy them all. Out of curiosity what size are they?? Tough to get a feel from photo but all look about 2" square. I would be willing to pay for shipment. I make birdhouse ornaments too and like to use ebony. Maybe something you would like to look into. Does he have any pure white holly?? That is another wood that is hard to find without grey streaks. This time of the year is when they harvest it.

View attachment 321764
No they are only about an inch or so. Good for pens. They had one holly board , but it wasn't very good quality.

Top Bottom